eleven

The team watched as Oliver moved swiftly over the CCTV footage, his bow kept tightly tucked to his side as he stepped almost like a cat on the prowl

The team watched as Oliver moved swiftly over the CCTV footage, his bow kept tightly tucked to his side as he stepped almost like a cat on the prowl. None of them had seen a single soldier, Barry being too busy putting men in handcuffs and Jason too nervous to even ask. But Cisco's eyes remained glued to the screen, the boy anxiously tapping against the desk if Oliver got ambushed right now, he'd be overwhelmed.

Concern plagued all of their minds, Caitlin's for Barry, Felicity's for Oliver and Cisco just for everyone in general. No matter how many rescue missions they'd been on, they always left tension in the team's shoulders.

"Come on, Oliver. Get her and get out." Felicity muttered to herself, her thumbnail trapped between her front teeth.

Sympathy crossed the young doctor's expression as she placed a reassuring hand on Felicity's. The feeling of worry is very much known to her. Caitlin couldn't count how many times she'd chewed off a freshly pedicured nail. But as they changed their focus on the next camera, a young girl came into view. Relief hit them all like a tsunami. Her dark hair was covering her face, her hands and feet bound to a chair and she appeared almost lifeless.

"Robin." Oliver's gruff voice called out in a hushed voice, aware of the fact someone could be lurking in the shadows. "I'm here with Jason."

The words echoed throughout the damp room, the woman's head lifting at the sound of her brothers name. Hope sparked behind ocean eyes as they met Oliver, the man walking quickly behind her to snap the ropes tying her down. It was clear to Caitlin, even from the blurry CCTV footage that she'd been attempting to break free, the rope burns around her wrist would need immediate medical attention.

"She's going to need medical attention Oliver, bring her in." Caitlin chimed up over the comms, her finger pressing on the mic. Her dark eyes flitted towards the battle still raging on, flashes of red crossing the screen her heart elevating at the sight. "Barry. We've got her."

There was no response, but they could tell the two knew what to do. Gradually retreating towards the exit as bullets flew through the sky like birds. Caitlin couldn't stand the thought of Barry against guns, he might've been the fastest man alive but one perfectly aimed hit from a bullet that he was too slow to catch and he'd find himself in a coffin. It felt too easy, Robin being left unmanned. But instead of questioning it, they made it their mission to ready themselves to get the hell out of Starling City.

In a matter of seconds, a heavy breeze sent the papers scattered over the desks through the air. Caitlin's waves tangled as her hair was blown roughly over her shoulders, but a smile graced her lips. Her petite body moving in a few steps to greet her boyfriend with a warm embrace, which was happily returned.

"Where is-" Jason asked as he broke through the door. His blue eyes surveyed the room until he fell upon Oliver assisting his sister to a gurney. "Robin..."

Felicity's heart heaves at the sight of the brother rushing to his sister, reminding her a lot of Oliver and Thea. The relief washing over Jason like the world had been stopped from ending, his hand cradling Robin's face in his hands.

"What did they do to you?" His voice was intended to be low and harsh, but it came out soft and worried as he scanned her injuries. The cut on her cheek hadn't been there the last time he'd seen her. "I'll kill them, all of them."

The young girl shook her head, she looked around her late teens much younger than all of the people surrounding her now. Her small hand pushed her brothers away,

"You'll do no such thing. That's what they want you to do, to go after them..." An exasperated sigh fell from her lips, the back of her hand coming to rub the dust clinging to her skin. "We've come so far, you swore you'd never hurt anyone intentionally."

Jason seemed conflicted, that was obvious in the way he glowered towards the floor. But when he rose to his feet, looking down at his sister he nodded, lips in a tight line before he turned to the heroes who'd assisted him. A curt nod gestured towards Barry and Oliver.

"Thank you, all of you. I-I couldn't have got her without your help."

Barry grinned proudly, nodding in his direction. "Always happy to help a fellow aid of Central City."

Oliver did nothing but bow his head in a nod, never feeling truly comfortable with people praising him. Diggle cleared his throat, bringing all eyes towards him a thing that unsettled the man.

"How do we know they haven't tracked her? I mean, that's what we do to our prisoners in ARGUS."

It was something Barry kicked himself for not thinking of, it would explain why returning Robin to them had been so easy. A wave of panic flooded over Felicity as she rushed towards the computers, her blue eyes scanning the cameras in the building.

"Nothing yet, maybe they aren't tracking her?" She suggested, although the tone in her voice told them she didn't believe that.

Caitlin and Cisco hurried to search the young woman for any sign of a device, a gut curdling feeling settling in the doctors stomach as she noticed the lump beneath Robin's wrist.

"They inserted something in her wrist, it'll need to be surgically removed." Caitlin announced, holding the woman's wrist gently in her hand as she examined the lump. The crust of old blood spotted around it looked as though it was recently healing, "We have to do this now, who knows how close they are to finding us."

No words are spoken in the next few moments, only the comforting whispers of Caitlin's words could be heard around the cave. The woman hurriedly prepping the young girl for surgery, knowing that if she hit the wrong thing - Robin would bleed out. Felicity hovered near her computer, her usual calming presence now seemed pressing and urgent. Barry sat knee deep in silence as he lingered anxiously near his girlfriend. Watching in mesmerisation at how she managed to move so swiftly, not missing a beat as she used a scalpel to slice open the girls skin.

Barry forced himself to turn away, unable to not feel queasy at the sight of spilling blood. Each passing moment went by slowly, each of them wondering whether the doors of Oliver's building would come crashing down. The air was so brittle it felt as though it could snap.

"It's done." Caitlin finally said, a hint of relief behind her voice.

The sharp patter of steel against steel filled the room as she dropped the metal device on the table. Diggle was quick to snatch it up, crushing it beneath his boot several times to ensure they couldn't continue to track them.

"Thank god, it took too long to build this place just to recreate it somewhere else." Felicity sighed, relaxing against the back of her chair. Her ponytail trailing down her back as she lolled her head to the side, blue eyes mixing with a set of brown ones. "If this was archive of our own, I'd give you kudos right now."

A laugh passed Caitlin's lips, not entirely sure what Felicity was talking about. But she knew it was a compliment, the pearly smile on the blondes face telling her so. Robin let out a groan, her hand coming to rest on her head as she sighed in agony.

"Does this mean we can go home now?"

Jason cracked a smile, for the first time in days putting his arm around his sister. "Yes, and maybe if you ask nicely our newfound friend might give us a lift."

Barry was exhausted, but he couldn't refuse the excitement that twinkled in Robin's eyes as she smiled brightly at him. The tall boy flashed the two a grin.

"Anything for a fan."