nine

The force of Oliver's fist should've knocked the man unconscious, his lip split open as drool spilled from the corner of his mouth

The force of Oliver's fist should've knocked the man unconscious, his lip split open as drool spilled from the corner of his mouth. Yet, he still glared back at the three of them, a fiery pit lit behind his darkened eyes. Barry had watched in shame as the two men willingly tortured the man. Desperate to get the answers they were searching for.

It was only when his life was hanging from a thread, his eyes swollen from beating and his thigh contained a gash that poured in blood. The sight made Barry sick.

"You can't keep this up, look at him," Barry gestured dramatically towards the hostage. "One more hit and he'll need a hospital. Caitlin can't keep patching this dude up."

"We need answers, Flash. If this is how we get them, then so be it!" Jason barked, the frustration of not being able to find his sister stopping him from thinking straight.

Barry shook his head, "If you're this so called hero, you think you are. You'd know this is wrong, this isn't the way."

Oliver let out an exhale, knowing the speedster was right. Torture was getting them nowhere. Whatever the man was hiding, he had no interest in telling them even if it meant his life was on the line. Oliver's hand raised to the comm slotted in his ear,

"Felicity, run information on this guy, find out where he lives and who his family are."

The mere sound of his words set off alarms in the man's head, his eyes widened as the flames behind them faltered for a second. The walls he'd been keeping up suddenly crashing down.

"You leave them out of this!" His hoarse voice rang out, his voice breaking when he tried to raise it higher. "They're innocent!"

Jason's hand connected with the steel table to their right. Barry almost expected it to collapse, unbeknownst as to whether his strength in elements came out through his anger.

"My sister is just as innocent! She didn't ask for this, any of it - do you think I want to hurt your family?!" Jason all but cried out in fury.

The man seemed to bow his head in shame, his eyes falling in conflict to his feet. Which were bound together by zip ties, just like his wrists. They'd held him in Oliver's facility for over two days, spending countless hours with the man attempting to get a slither of information from him.

"Tell me what Collision wants." Jason breathed finally, the fight within him wavering. "Tell me what he wants, and I can promise you - your family will be unharmed."

"He has an operation, I've been working with him for years..." The man caved, his eyes unable to meet the three staring down at him. "He knows about your abilities, the advantage you have over everyone; even him."

Without looking up, his beaten head lolled towards the speedster. The man's eyebrows furrowed in confusion considering he'd never dealt with a raging human out for metas powers before - not counting Eiling.