fifteen

As Caitlin settled down beside Barry, the quiet chatter began filling the table. The once solemn restaurant now twisting into an area packed with nothing but curiosity and joyous behaviour. Caitlin had originally thought it was supposed to be a dinner between the soon to be parents, but sitting here now, they were accompanied by almost everyone they knew. Without having to ask, the young physician knew why Barry had spontaneously decided on a reunion dinner. The speedster could hardly keep a secret and Caitlin knew he'd break eventually. This was so obviously a public announcement that a child was to be brought into their lives.

With a glass of room temperature cider in hand, her boyfriend rose himself from his chair.  Nothing but confidence within his movement. Granted, the restaurant he'd managed to book  last minute was moderately minuscule and he was definitely closer to Oliver than he ever needed to be. But despite the that, all eyes fell on the hero of Central City. Even Cisco lost focus on whatever he'd been gossiping about with Ray Palmer.

"I'd like thank you all for coming, especially the Legends who took time of their well...time, to be here." Barry began, a nervous laugh slipping past his lips as the others cracked a smile at his words. "Dinner's entirely on me, and please stick around for dessert as someone you may be in for a surprise."

"Always so vague." Mick grumbled, rolling his eyes as he waved over a waiter. Too impatient to wait for permission to eat, in his mind, they were only here for the food.

Out of instinct when it came to the rogue, the speedster pulled an expression of annoyance. It made him miss Snart, at lease he would've been polite enough to make a relatively nice remark. With a sigh, the dark haired boy sat back down his thoughts falling back to Caitlin as he felt a light touch upon his wrist. A soft smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he leant towards her to plant a kiss.

"You don't have to pay for all of this yourself, you know I'd happily split the bill with you." Caitlin's voice was low as she ensured the others couldn't hear, she knew Barry's bank account wasn't unlimited. He spent enough restoring S.T.A.R Labs this year.

But with a gentle look, Barry shook his head. "No, Cait. I have more than enough."

"So Barry, care to reveal what this is all about? Or are you playing the man of mystery tonight?" Oliver chimed in, fully aware that reunions like these don't happen often. "Surely the world isn't on the brink of ending again?"

A few heads amongst the table turned towards the pair at that accusation, eyebrows raised as Felicity let out a quiet yelp.

"Oh please tell me you haven't fucked up the timeline again?" The blonde almost pleaded, she knew enough about their previous lives already. God forbid there was more.

"Come on, do you honestly think I'd make that mistake again?"

"Yes." Several voices responded in complete unison. It wasn't like Barry hadn't caused several time ruptures in the past, there was no garuntee he wouldn't do it again.

"Oh yee have little faith," The speedster rolled his eyes, his attention falling towards the menu as the waiter patiently awaited the coming orders from the dozen people at the table. "What are you having, babe?"

Without hesitation and a little giggle from Iris beside her, she says quickly, "God anything but chicken. I'll just have the carbonara, thank you. Oh, and a glass of water."

Cisco huffed from across the table, poking Caitlin's shin lightly with his foot. "Oh come on, dude. Get a cocktail, have some fun. Everyone else is drinking, Mick's on his third."

Chocolate eyes fell onto their old foe, the older man holding the third glass of beer in his hand. The other picking at his teeth, with a slight wince, Caitlin returned her gaze to her best friend.