Chapter 1

Watching all the trees pass by, turning into a blur of tall green leafs. You wonder what you will do during this week long get away that you're attending to with your high school friends. It's been about six years since gradation and you received an email from Kate, one of your friends, who asked if you want to join. With a quick word with (b/f/n), the only person you stay in contact with since high school, who also received the same email. You two decided to join.

The email explain that the whole gang will spend a week in the woods where everyone can get together and catch up. A chance to talk, reconnect and do some fun actives. Such as, swimming, hiking and star glazing and many more! People who will be attending will be Kate, who organise the thing with; Joe. Another one of your friends. Along will be Matthew, (B/f/n) and of course, you.

"Watch you starin' at y/n?" A masculine voice call out. You turn your attention away from the window, that's next to you, towards the front seat. Where Joe is driving with Kate in passenger seat, fast asleep. Along with Matthew and (B/f/n), who you sit next to you.

"Huh? Oh, just thinking" You answer with a shrug. Joe chuckle in response. "Same old Y/n, still got your head in the clouds, huh?" Joe jokes, making you roll your eyes. You may or may not have gotten caught a lot during class for day dreaming. You never thought Joe would remember that. "Yeah, yeah. How long have we been in the car?" You ask.

"Um... three hours so far. Don't worry, we're nearly there. Just ten more minutes." Joe answer, with a quick glance at the digital clock before returning to the road. You nod and proceed to talk to Joe for those reminding ten minutes. Which lead you to discover that Joe and Kate got married in those six years, something that you saw coming along with (b/f/n).

Joe drives through the forest to a clearing that has a stone circle in the middle. Showing that it's used for campfires. Once Joe turn the exhaust off, he shakes Kate gently to wake her up. While you unbuckle and open the door. Jumping out of the car while (B/f) falls and hit her/his/their head on the seat you were sitting on. Since the whole time, she/he/they were leaning on your shoulder.

"Hey! What the hell!" (B/f/n) shout, causing Matt to wake up, as he sits the other side of (B/f/n), who sat in the middle.

"Morning sunshine! We made it!" You cheer happily, teasing (b/f/n) who grumble grumpily from being awaken rudely.

Once everyone is out of the car, Kate quickly explain the rules which were; 'don't leave rubbish behind and have fun!'. She also gave each person a job to do, which are Kate and Matt to set up the four tents. Since everyone has their own expect for the married couple who be sharing a tent. (B/f/n) will be cooking dinner while Joe and you will go out and collect sticks for a camp fire.

As you and Joe leave the others to collect fire wood, you notice how Joe will constantly look around the area. How he seems high alert and always look in the direction of any noises. "Everything okay there?" You ask after Joe flinch in the direction of an owl hoot. Joe turn to your direction, as he walks way in front of you.

"Um, yeah! Yeah. Just checking out for bears and stuff. Don't worry about it" Joe brush off as he walks over to you. That's where you spot it, the gun holster he has on his belt. 'Did Joe bring a gun in case of a bear attacks? Dude's gone nuts if he's going to shoot a bear' you thought to yourself.

It wasn't long until you and Joe decide that you have collect enough fire wood and went back to the campsite, aka 'base camp'. As Joe likes to call it. The sun was going down by the time you make it, so you quickly start a fire with your awesome skills. Which you totally didn't get from watching a YouTube d.i.y video.

With everyone busy, time flies by quickly. It was only till dinner when you take in your surroundings and your friends new appearance. Such a strange feeling knowing what everyone looked like when younger and seeing the difference. Knowing that these people were your friends during high school and your able to still consider this people as friends today . Despite being away from them so long.

You look over each person.

Seeing how Matthew got rid of his fringe and now have a stylish short hair that he doesn't straighten anymore. His emo phase long gone now. But also, seeing he has glasses now that suit his blown eyes. The physical difference is there but learning that he got a boyfriend now, just shows you how much he changes. Since he was extremely shy before, but seems he has become more confident now.

Meanwhile, Joe's blond hair is short and his blues eyes are still as bright like in high school. But it seems he has gotten taller and gain some muscles. While he might have a little difference in physical, but seeing how calm and collect he is now is also a big difference. Since he used to be the wild party animal. But he looks so content now, especially with the gold wedding band on his finger.

Moving on, Kate is tall as ever and seem to out grow her red bob. As he hair reach her mid back now. Kate seem mature now, but still cracking her jokes whenever she can. Not as much as before, since she was consider the class clown during high school. The big difference from her now is the sense of confidences she has. Since in school, she never had this sense around her.

While (b/f/n) is still (b/f/n) and you got to witness the growth from her/him/them since they're/he's/she's your roommate. Oof, that was a ride.

You look around the campfire, with a smile on your face as you watch everyone laugh and have a good time while catching up on their life's. Or when they bring back old memories. You just know that this week trip will be an adventure. But the question is, will it be the good kind of adventure?