Chapter 12

Artist of the day: creaturexIII on tumblr

It's been a couple of hours now, or so you guess since you don't have a watch, and you're currently still following the alien with a six pack who is now holding a torch. Lighting up the tunnel and allowing you to see where you're walking and not make a fool of yourself by avoiding tripping over rocks.

Yet, you've been walking for a while now and you're getting tired. Needing a break, you try to gain some confidence to ask the limping alien if you can take a break. The last thing you want is to anger it-him-her? The last you want is to anger the alien with a six pack.

You bite your lip as you repeat what you'll say in your head. Getting ready to speak, the alien unexpectedly trips and caught themselves. "Are you okay?" You ask, frozen on the spot as you watch the being lean against the wall as they slowly turn to you.

You feel the alien stare with your soul before slowly nodding. "Um, how about we take a break?" You swallow nervously. The being tilts it's head. As if waiting for you to continue and list out why.

"I mean, your injury and I'm getting tried. And we're stuck in a cave where we don't know the exit or how long we'll be here for. It'll be a good idea to take a break and save our strength" You describe the situation, ignoring how the alien tense up when pointing out his injury. A pause is drawn out till the being moves to sit down on the ground.

"Oh", you whisper. Realising the being had agreed with you. You then awkwardly made your way to sit on the opposite side of the being. Leaning your back against the wall and watching the being.

You found yourself in an awkward air space between you and the alien. With no clue on how to approach the being. Yes, you're mad at the being for hurting your friends. But no, you won't try to attack them now since you're both lost and they might be your only way out. You have to wait if you want to attack him.

So why not try to know him first?

"Y/n" you awkwardly state. The being lift it's head up and tilt it to the side. Clearly confuse. "It's-um, m-my name. I'm Y/N" You stutter," What about you?" . A pause enters the room as you think to yourself why you have to be awkward while Venator wonders if that's how all humans talk like. Awkwardly and painful to bear.

After a moment, Ventaor clicks in response. Saying his name as a 'why not?'. Because what else will he do besides talk to the human.

Problem is, all you heard were clicks. 'Fuck, I can't understand him. God damn language barrier! What do I do? Oh god he's waiting for a response. What do I do?' you mentally panic as you improvise a greeting.

"Nice to meet you, err, Clicks?" Ventaor gives you a confuse look but you deicide to go with it

"Um, I have a question", you begin. Gaining Ventors curiosity, "have you're kind been coming here on earth for years?" Venator nods. You ask your next question;" Alright...Have you been to Area 51?" Venator is now lost within a cave and the conversation.

You take the pause as a sign to continue. "Is it actually an air base as the government say It is or is the rumours true and that it's a base dedicated to studying aliens?" You take the silences as permission to continue and unleash your inner conspiracy theorist. Asking the being all the question's you've ever wondered about aliens.