Chapter 8

The sound of birds chirping greets the six travellers to a new day. Well, mostly greet one since Joe and the soldiers were already up while Kate and (Y/n) are asleep. (B/F/n) yawns when they sit up right, being greeted by the soft chirping. Looking around to see Joe in a heated discussion with the soldiers.

" Umm. Everything alright there?" Ask (b/f/n) with concern. Joe jumps and instinctively points a gun at (b/f/n). (̆B/f/n), alarm, jolt backwards which cause gravity to grab onto their/his/her mass and drag them/him/her down to the ground. Only for their/his/her head to hit Kate's stomach.

" AAA! I DIDN'T MEAN TO EAT YOUR ARM MR GINGERBREAD MAN!" Cry Kate as she wakes up.

" AAA! JOE WHAT THE HELL- WOAH KATE WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DREAM ABOUT?!" Scream (b/f/n) with annoyance only to switch to shock at Kate. Who is currently freaking out about her dream. "I DREAMT THAT I WAS FRIENDS WITH THE GINGERBREAD MAN AND I WAS HUNGRY AND AND- I ATE HIS ARM BUT I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN TO!"

"HOW DO YOU BITE AN ARM ON ACCIDENT?!"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TOO!"

"OI! SHUT THE HELL UP!" said a third party. Successfully, shutting (b/f/n) and Kate up about eating the Gingerbread man's arm. The two turn to look at Josh, who is the third party, who doesn't look pleased. Joe sighs at the childish act and put his gun away, after putting the safety on first.

"Look, (B/f/n). Sorry about point the gun at you. You just.. startle me but that doesn't matter because you guys need to be silent-" Joe comments in his military voice only to be cut off by (b/f/n).

"Doesn't matter? It does matter! It matters a lot! You could have shot me!" argue (b/f/n) as they/he/she stand up to challenge Joe. While doing so, Kate crawl towards (y/n) who is still asleep.

"I wouldn't shot you-"

" Really?! Cause it look like you were about to shot my brains out!"

"Stop being a baby! Nothing would of happen! Now be quiet!" Yell out Josh, who is standing behind Joe, annoyed by the noise level.

"You're not my dad! I can be loud as I want!-"

"Have you fucking forgot about those things that kill-!" Josh try to argue back yet a voice irrupted.

"GOOD MORNING GUYS!" Yell another third party. Which cause Joe, Josh and (b/f/n) to snap there attention to (y/n) and reply with a strong annoy: "WHAT!?".

(Y/n) put the hands up and look a little shock. "Jeez, calm your farm. Only wanted to say good morning. Gosh, aren't you guys loud, I bet everyone in the forest can hear you guys" said (y/n) with a friendly tone but their eyes glare at them with annoyance. With the emphases on 'loud' and 'everyone', Y/n gives the trio a hint of the hunters they had a run in with and how important it is to be quiet. Something they agree on last night.

(B/f/n) realise that what happen the other day wasn't a dream and looks away in shame. Not believing how careless they/he/she was being. They/He/She mutter a soft 'sorry' but aims it at Joe who brush it off.

"*AHEM*. Right, let's get dress and pack up. We can eat the left overs on the road if we want to make it to base before night fall, we have to get moving." command Joe in his military voice.

Everyone did as they were told. Wanting to go before the hunters come back. With all the yelling and fuse they make. It won't surprise anyone if the hunters attack them. Yet, what the hunters really did, was sit back and watch.

---------------------------------------------

As the mighty warriors watch the show, trying to control their laugh at the ridiculous scene. The leader stands up and nod towards the other two. Signalling that it's time to put phrase one of their plan into action. The three soon activate their cloaking device and went out.

For it's time for the real hunt to begin.

------------------------------------------------

"Guys! I think we're almost there!" Said Kate with hope in her voice. Her green eyes wide and sparkle with hope. " Right Paul?" Kate ask with a big fat grin on her face, truing to Paul who memorise the way back to base.

"Nope" reply Josh with a disinterested in his tone, answering for Paul. The low-spirited in Josh made Kate mood turn blue.

"Don't worry. We should be there soon" reassure Paul with confidence that put a small smile on Kate's face. Just as Kate was going to reply, someone beat her to it.

"HAHAHA" (y/n) seem to be laughing so hard as if someone said the most funniest joke ever. Everyone turn their heads to (y/n), ready to scowl them for their actions. Only to see the colour drain from their face and how their (e/c) eyes open wide in shock. (y/n) whisper one sentence which seem to act like someone hit play on an action movie.  (Y/n) whisper:" That's not me"

An explosion went off in front of the group. Not to close but close enough to send the group on their backs. Patches of the road flying everywhere causing Kate to scream. A ringing sound went off in (y/n) ears, it's so loud that it drowns out the sound of Joe's voice. Forcing him to physical grab (Y/n) and drag them to the forest. Where he pushes them to run. Since everyone else is already up and running.

As Joe runs towards (y/n), to make sure they keep going, an explosion went off again. This time, at a thick mid high tree. It so happens it was coming down fast, towards Joe and (y/n). Joe react quickly by grabbing (y/n)'s arm and pulling them towards his chest. (Y/n) cling to Joe's light blue shirt, tightening their grip when they suddenly feel themselves roll on the floor.

As (y/n) senses get in line, they felt a rush of movement, as if they were motion sickness. It didn't help with the loud tree thump or that Joe push them to the forest. Or that Kate and (b/f/n) were screaming and yelling so loudly, along with Josh and Paul shooting.  How the gun shots echo and ratted (Y/n)'s head.

(Y/n) is running in front of Joe, towards the loud sounds. As they keep running, the noise gets louder and louder. Joe keeps shouting to go faster and gets his gun out. Turning the safety off. (Y/n) feels weak, sore and tried. So damn tried. They just want to collapse and fall asleep. But they keep running with their heart beating in their ears. Which only adds more noise to what's happening before them.

They make it the others. There's shooting going in all directions. What they can't see is the three hunters spread out, two in different trees high up. While one is down below, to kill the oomans that the other two may miss.

Meanwhile, as the group reunited. Joe took his gun out and shoot up in the trees along with Josh and Paul. (B/F/n) duck down, while (y/n) lean on some boulders which happen to be nearby. Kate scream and tries to run off deeper into the forest, scared out of her mind. But falls into a trap. Kate screams in pain and fear as she falls into a pit full of sharp spears that point up, to meet their victim.

Joe keeps shooting, ordering (B/f/n) to check on Kate. As he continues shooting aimless, the two hunters jump tree to tree to avoid the bullets that's being send up. (y/n) can't hear anything, their heart beat overpowers the sounds around them. Their chest tightens. Fear consume them. Making the situation much more harder then it's already is.

A shot miss it's target of hitting Joe, informing him that he's the new target. Joe starts to move around, not paying attention to where he stands. For he goes to stand in front of a tree. Ready to dodge out of the way, unaware that once he jumps, the fire will cause the tree to fall and cause some damage.

They the shot.

Joe jumps out of the way.

The blast hits the tree and it comes falling.

The fat tree falls and hit on the soft ground. Y/n feels themselves being drop, being swallow up by the ground that opens underneath them. (Y/n) let's out a grasp as they free fall inside the dark hole. Grabbing on tightly to anything for support. But oddly, that support grabs (Y/n) back. For it wasn't just (y/n) that got swallow by the hole.

As the hole swallow up a yautja too.

Before anyone can save them, the forest floor close back up again by the large borders.

"Venator!"

"(Y/N)!"