Chapter 5

"Hey, about time you guys got back! Breakfast is getting cold" greet Matt as you and Joe make it back. You and Joe head towards Matt as he holds out two plates of breakfast food. "Eat up! Once you finish we head to the waterfalls where we can swim!" Kate order in a chirpy tone. As her and (B/f/n) pack food, water and other items for the short trip in the jungle/forest.

It wasn't long till the whole gang is ready to move. Now wearing swimming clothes underneath their regular cloths. Allowing for a better transition into the water. During the walk, everyone talks as one big group, reacting the times they will talk down the halls at high school. Where they throw jokes here and there. Laughing in the face of danger.

They make it to the spot and settle down the bags of food. The walk was quite long and everyone was hunger and ready to go for a swim. With a quick talk, it is decided that Matt will prepare lunch while everyone else enjoy a nice swim. As Matt grab the necessary food from the bag, he quickly becomes soaking wet as splashes of water hit his back.

"Hey! Watch it!" Matt cry out, turning around to face his friends in the water.

The group apologise with a laugh and continue to swim, even playing Marco polo at one point. Matt roll his eyes as he continues to make sandwiches. Matt stops cutting the cheese when he heard a noise in the bushes. A ruffling sound, as if someone is approaching. Taking the knife with him, he goes to explore while the others continue having fun.

"Marco!" Joe shout with eyes close.

"Polo!" multiple response return yet only one sounds close enough to get.

"Marco?"

"Pol-OOOO!" A surprise scream came from Kate as Joe manage to capture her. Lifting her up in his arms. Opening his eyes, he gives Kate a loving look with a childish grin.

"caught you!" Joe exclaim, making Kate laugh at the man child. The couple look at each other laughing, enjoying the moment. Only for it to get ruin.

"Can you guys please not make up in front of us? I need to protect Y/n's innocence's!" (B/f/n) declare dramatically. Y/n turn to (B/f/n) with an offended and confuse look. "Innocence's? Dude, we watch Game of thrones together" Y/n reason, only to be shush by B/f.

"You still a child, I still need to protect your fragile mind!"

"...I literally introduce yaoi to you"

"Okay! We won't make out" Kate reassure, being place down by Joe. Only for Joe to cheeky place a peck on Kate's lip. That earns 'eww' noises from both B/f/n and Y/n. Joe laugh from the response and swim away from Kate to begin a new game of Marco polo.

Just as Kate start to spin, Joe hear his phone ring. Joe gets out of the water and quickly dry off. Reaching to take the phone call, Joe walk past by the unfinished sandwich. "Hello?" Joe answer the call with a grin.

His grin fade away once hearing what the other person on the phone had to say.

Meanwhile, as the three friends continue to play Marco polo, Y/n hear something coming from the bush behind them. Turning to look, Y/n try to concentrate on the noise. Confuse and curious, Y/n decide to check it out. Leaving the water, B/f/n spot Y/n leaving.

"Hey! Where you going?" B/f/n ask, swimming in place while waiting for an answer. Kate stay in the same spot, her eyes still close. Unsure if the group is still playing or not. "Hey, what's going on?" Kate ask.

"I heard a noise so I'm going to check it out." Y/n explain, walking towards the bush. "Be careful!" Cry out Kate. Y/n nods and continues, reaching out to part the bush and see what the noise is.

Grabbing on the green bush, they part it.

Becoming face to face with...

An AK-47.

"Woah! Please don't hurt me!" Y/n scream, frozen in place. A head poke out from behind the brunette who's holding the gun, and relief wash over his face. "A person? Oh, thank god, we're saved!" The person mutter, lowing his hand gun. "Do you have any food, water? A way to communicate with other people?!" The person holding the rifle ask in rush tone, putting his rifle away so he can rest both hands on each of Y/n's shoulder.

"Umm...it's over there" Y/n answer as they awkwardly point to the area where Matt was preparing lunch. The raven hair move pass the two towards the area. Immediately reaching for a water bottle. Only to be join by the rifle guy, who also reach for another water bottle.

"Hey, who are you guys?" B/f/n ask as she/he/they leave the water and join Y/n who's awkwardly watching the two eat and drink their food and water. "Hey, what's going on?" Kate ask from within the water, still eyes close.

"Come over here Kate, there's these two random...army guys here?" B/f/n explain but trail off into a question. Since the two males are wearing army green clothing.

"Army guys?" Kate ask, opening her eyes and joining her friends. Before the three friends can do anything, Joe runs in with a panic look in his eyes. "We need to leave-Josh? Paul?" Joe stare at the named man who in return look at Joe with relief.

"Joe!" The two cry out as Joe runs towards them.

"What happen? Who's after you?" Joe question, looking between the two confuse man.

"Wait, you know?" Paul question, eyes widen at the thought.

"I just receive the call. Now whose after you and how many?" Joe question with a hard look.

"Um, what's happening?" Y/n question with a sense of dread and panic rising within their chest.

"We-we don't know" Josh answer, with a dishearten look.

"Don't know? Whose after you?!" Joe yell, annoyance rising within him. "How could you not know whose after you?"

"We don't know, we never got a good look at the guy! Alright?" Josh answer, yelling back at Joe's face. "It's almost as the guy's toying with-" before Josh can continue, a scream interpreted.

"AAAAHHHHH"

A pause of silence fell along the group. Until someone ask a good question.

"...Where's Matt?"

And so, the hunt has taken a turn.