Chapter 14

Artist of the day: creaturexell on tumblr
A/n: sorry for the long ass wait for the update. Didn't really like how this one turn out but I figure I could also rewrite it later and just let you guys enjoy an update. So, enjoy and tell me your thought in the comments!

Oh! And friendly remind, f/n means friends name. Now enjoy the chapter! Love y'all! ❤️

---

Blinking his eyes slowly, Venator peacefully wakes up to the sight of the fire being out and your frame laying down. Still fast asleep. Venator sits up, taking note of the pain he feels less of. Which he is grateful for, less pain means more ground he can cover.

Determine as ever to get back to his brothers in arms, Venator knees and decide the first course of action is to relight the fire. Working his magic(more like weapon), the fire is flicking alive in a matter of seconds. Giving a small sigh of content with his work, Venator looks over you. Able to see a smile form on your face as you turn to face the fire, seeking warmth.

Venator frown when noticing through the heat signature that your temperature has dropped. It must have dropped during the hours of the fire being out and having no other source of warmth. Venator suddenly becomes worry for your wellbeing. As you two have agreed that you need to work together in order of getting out of here and that means checking on each other's health.

Which you have done by asking him how's his foot is and suggest when he should have a break. Perhaps Venator can return the favour by allowing you to sleep next to him and supplying you with body heat. Doing so by having you in his arms or ever sleeping on top of his chest-

Wait a minute, what is he thinking? Despite it being a good tactic of surviving, Venator knows how odd the offer sounds and with your comments the other day, you'll probably think he has other intentions. Such as taking it as a step for a courting ritual instead. Though the thought doesn't seem to bother Venator as much as he thought it would- Venator shakes his head to get rid of those thoughts and gets up. Limping around the newly lit fire to get closer to you.

Venator gently kicks you in the side.

"Hey! You wanna go?! I will destroy you, you gingerbread- what the?" you shout as you wake up from your dramatic dream by a kick to find Venator looming over you.

You crane your neck up to give Venator a childlike innocent face, forgetting about your violent behaviour a few moments ago. Yet Venator doesn't bat an eye at it, instead, he gives you a reply of;" get up, we're going".

You let out a groan and flop back on the ground. Venator rolls his eyes and makes another source to carry the light. Once he's ready, he looks over you to see you slowly get up while brushing off dirt on your clothes. Once ready, you both head out, walking down the many tunnels within this system.

----

You've been staring at Venator for the last five minutes now. You just finish your questionnaire. Your last question being if Venator knows any planet that's called 'Pandora'. Which funnily enough, Venator answer that he does know a place called that. But refuse to give any more details. Leaving you to theorise about it.

Moving on, your thoughts focus on Venator for the last five minutes.

Ask you notice that the alien is on edge, you now know why but he seems to be more on edge. If that's possible. As he talked less than yesterday. No longer add little comments after answering a question. You decide that enough beating around the bush and admiring Venator's backside. You have to ask what's wrong.

"Um, Venator?" you speak out, gaining the alien's attention. "Mm?" Venator acknowledges. "Are...are you okay?" You ask,

Venatir couldn't let you know that he's still thinking about his thoughts from earlier. That he's been thinking of a nice respectable way to tell you that you should sleep next to him without it sounding weird. Ugh, why must this be complicated? "I'm as fine as one can be when stuck in a cave " came Venator's brilliant answer.