Friction

About an hour after EJ showed me around, we were back in the living room. BEN was still playing video games, Jeff was playing with his knife, Clockwork went to her room to avoid me, LJ watched BEN playing video games, and EJ and I were chatting. Mostly about books and sciency shit.

Suddenly, three boys rushed into the mansion, practically breaking the doors down. Two of them were carrying one of them. The one in front had a black ski mask with red eyes and a stitched frown and wore a yellow hoody. The other one who was helping carry the unconscious guy, was wearing goggles and a mouth guard, as well as a brown sweater with a blue hoody. The one they were carrying wore a tan jacket and a white mask. He had blood all over his clothes.

"E-EJ, we n-need you!" said the one with the goggles.

EJ sprung to his feet and went to the three of them.

"What happened?" he asked, ushering them to his lab. I followed them.

"Well, we were on the mission, and while we were taking the group down, we didn't notice one was hiding in the bushes with a gun. Got him good." said the one with the ski-mask.

"Hnng...." groaned the one they were carrying

I bounded alongside them, curiously trying to see what's happening. We finally reached the lab and they set him down on the operating table in the center of the room.

"Hey, who's this?" asked Ski-Mask.

"No time for introductions. Help me here." said EJ.

Soon they had the masked man patched up.

"Alrighty, Hoodie, Toby, this is (y/n). (Y/n), The one in goggles is Toby, and the other one's Hoodie." EJ said, plopping down in a chair next to the table.

"Nice to meet you. Who's... Holey over there?" I ask.

"Oh, that's-"

"uh.... oww..." groaned the injured guy. "Wh-what happened?" he asked, opening his eyes. (We took his mask off)

He turned his head and looked at me.

"Masky. His name is Masky" EJ said.

Masky hasn't moved, and is now staring at me.

"Uh... hi." I said, waving at him. He blinked and looked at the others.

"Who's she?" he asked

"Just call me (y/n) for now... I still haven't decided on a name." I say.

He sat up, and faced me. "Nice to meet you." he said, smiling. I swear EJ was glaring at him.

"Anyway, Masky, you should be resting. You look like SpongeBob with all those bullet holes." he said. I giggled at his comment.

Masky looked at EJ, then at me, and seemed to understand something that I didn't.

There seems to be some kind of friction between them.

Weird.

~♥ EJ's PoV♥~

When Masky smiled at (y/n) like that, it made me feel angry for some reason. I don't understand these emotions. I don't get it!

After I told him to get some rest, I decided that I needed to go talk to someone. Preferably still more or less human. One who remembers their emotions.

"I'm gonna go see if anyone else arrived. See ya later, guys!" (y/n) said.

She skipped out of the room and disappeared into the many hallways of the mansion.