Chapter 12

I sat in the hotel restaurant, staring at the untouched desert in front of me as I felt Itachi's eyes boring into me. Onyx eyes, just like Sasuke's. Itachi had led me unresisting into his car with two of his men in the front seat as he sat beside me in the back, his hand resting on my knee. I couldn't move or speak. My heart aching each time I caught sight of his black locks or eyes and my body was numb with fear. I remembered clearly the day before my world came crashing down, of his hungry eyes as he pinned me against the tree.

"Eat, little one."

I jerked at his voice and looked up to meet his eyes that were like a predators and his cold smile. I cut into the cake with my fork, my hand trembling as I ate a mouthful. It was delicious but I was so frightened it just turned to mush and I forced myself to swallow. His smile spread and he reached over to grasp my hand.

"Good. You have lost some weight. What a horrible, heartless person my brother is."

My throat tightened and I tried to pull my hand away but he tightened his grasp, his eyes holding my gaze, like a snake hypnotizing its prey.

"To play with you and toss you away, like a toy he was bored with. He did that often as a child. He would become bored with toys, food and even people and toss them away like trash."

Each word was like a knife in the heart and I finally managed to pull my hand away.

"I need to go. Thank you for the meal."

I stood up and he stood with me, moving into my way, his smile still not reaching his eyes.

"I wouldn't tire of you. I can make you feel good."

His hand went around my waist and he pulled me against his chest, his lips next to my ear. I felt only numbness at his touch as he nibbled on my ear.

"I have to go," I repeated, pushing him away and turning to go.

I froze when I saw a flash of orange but it was the man beside him that caught my attention. Tall and dressed in a suit like usual but his hair messy, his eyes ringed with dark circles as his onyx eyes widened as they took in the scene before them. I saw something flicker on his face and then the emotionless mask went back into place.

"What are you doing here?"

Sasuke's voice was cold and it felt like a slap to the face as he glared at Itachi.

"You weren't expected for another hour. What makes you think you could bring trash into my hotel? I have nothing more to do with him so neither should you."

He didn't even spare me a glance and my already broken heart shattered even further.

"Excuse me."

I brushed past him and I saw him stiffen, his hand twitching as if he wanted to reach out. I flinched and rushed away, not looking back until I reached home and collapsed by the door, the sobs bursting painfully out of my chest.

Sasuke's Pov

I watched as my brother left the meeting itching to smack the smirk off his face as he sauntered off. He knew what seeing Naruto would do to me and he was having fun with it. The blonde's face flashed into my mind from that day a month ago. His blue eyes had filled with tears as I said those horrible words to him and I could almost see his heart breaking before me. When I saw him again today he was almost unrecognizable. Like me his eyes were dead and he had lost so much weight. He had actually looked afraid of me and flinched when I moved to touch him. I buried my face in my hands and allowed a sigh to escape me. I heard the door open but didn't look up as I recognized the footsteps as the person moved into the room and sat before me.