Chapter 13

Naruto's Pov

I hadn't believed my eyes when I opened the back door to put out the trash when I was closing up the bar and saw Sasuke slumped against the wall nearby. Why would he be here? It was then I saw the blood mixing with the rain around him and his dazed onyx eyes met mine. When he called me by my nickname my heart ached in my chest, the wall I had put up to hold back my emotions cracking, and then he closed his eyes.

"Sasuke? Sasuke wake up!"

I knelt down cold fear spreading through my body. I started shaking the taller man but he just slumped against me, mumbling nonsense. I half carried, half dragged him back into the bar and dumped him on the couch in the break room. He was shivering so I stripped off his wet clothes down to his underwear, my face burning. I had seen it all before but it still felt personal and strange, especially since we weren't together anymore. I rushed into the kitchen and boiled some water and grabbed the first aid kit. When I rushed back in his eyes were open and he was blinking around, still a little dazed.

"Sasuke are you okay?"

He turned to me and a smile warmed his face but it felt like a knife turning in my gut. I hadn't seen him make that face since that horrible day. My emotions pushed at the wall but I held them back.

"Bright eyes, I'm glad I made it to you."

"What are you talking about? Why did you have to come here? What happened?"

My voice was quiet as I sat down and cleaned the side of his head, trying to find the source of the bleeding. He didn't flinch as I cleaned out the gash but just reached out and stroked my hair.

"I was attacked and I hit my head pretty hard. Jugo and Karin held them off so I could escape somewhere safe so I came to you."

My heart ached more and more with each word and I felt tears in my eyes.

"It's been horrible this past month bright eyes. Itachi was right, I have traitors in my midst. I have been trying to weed them out and to make sure you are safe."

I froze at his words, my hands in the middle of stitching up his cut.

"W-what do you mean? I thought you didn't care about me?"

I spoke slowly, not wanting to make the dazed Sasuke realise he was spilling out his secrets.

"Of course I didn't want to break up with you but it is too dangerous around me right now. Look at the state of me?"

He giggled and my heart leapt in joy at hearing the sound. I was finishing up and placing a bandage around his head when he reached out and cupped my cheek. I froze, unable to move as his over bright eyes stared into mine, his face relaxed and with a large smile.

"This is the second time you have found me in the rain and patched me up."

"You remember?"

"How could I forget? You were so beautiful, an angel in a hellish world, a light in the dark that is my life. You still are."

He pulled me down and pressed his lips against mine and the wall that I had put up crumbled, releasing all my feelings for him that I had pushed down these past few weeks. When I pulled back his eyes were closed and he was breathing softly, fast asleep. I felt the tears prick at my eyes and I bowed over his sleeping form and sobbed.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why are you saying this now when I was finally getting it back together?"

I sat on a chair with a cup of coffee as I looked over the sleeping Sasuke. I had wrapped him up in some blankets that we kept in the break room for when we sometimes crashed on the couch instead of going home after a shift. Sasuke was sleeping peacefully and I couldn't help but stare at his face. There was no trace of the heartless mob boss who had called me trash or had been able to kill a man. There was just the boy I had befriended years ago when I was living on the streets and the man I had fallen in love with. I pulled the blanket around my shoulders closer, shivering in the cold. I had washed both of our soaked and blood stained clothes and was clad only in my underwear and a spare shirt that I kept in my locker. Sasuke didn't have his phone, he must have lost it on his way here and I didn't have any of his members' numbers anymore since Shikamaru had deleted them. I was wondering what to do when I heard a commotion on the street outside. I put my coffee down, my heart thumping in my chest as I looked at Sasuke who hadn't stirred. I kept the blanket around myself and headed out of the room, turning off the light and closing the door behind me.