Chapter 25

A weight slammed into me as the gun shot echoed through the room. Madara was moving, his men beside him as I saw movement from the tunnel behind them but I could only stare at the figure slumped in front of me, blood rapidly spreading over his chest. Sai looked up at me, blood staining his clothes and smiled, his face pale.

"Thank goodness I made it in time."

He raised his blood stained hand and touched my cheek. He had jumped in front of me, shielding me from the bullet. He fell to his knees and I dropped down with him, holding him in my arms.

"Why did you do that?"

"I told you, I love you."

"Bright eyes."

I froze at the sound of the voice I had been aching to hear and slowly looked up to see Sasuke standing before me. I wanted to run to him but I couldn't find the strength in my legs and I was holding the dying Sai in my arms. Yes he had tortured me, raped me and all but broken me but he had just saved my life. Kakashi and Jugo rushed over to me and scooped me up while Karin dropped to her knees before the bleeding man.

"We need to get you out of here, it isn't safe."

I glanced at Sai and Karin waved me along.

"I will do my best to save him so I can make him suffer as you did."

I couldn't argue with her words. He had been a monster but somewhere inside of him was a boy who just wanted to be loved, just like me. I moved forward until I was just in front of Sasuke who was looking at me with an expression I didn't recognize. My legs gave way and he caught me, crushing me against his chest and I was crying as I held onto him.

"Oh bright eyes, I am sorry it took so long to find you."

"But you did and you're alive. Sasuke I have missed you."

He titled my chin and kissed me with so much passion and need that my head started spinning. He suddenly scooped me up in his arms, holding me like a princess.

"Let's get out of here."

I dozed in the car ride to one of Sasuke's hotels, his arm around me as I snuggled into him. It all felt like a dream and I was afraid to fall asleep in case I woke up back in that basement. When we got to the hotel Jugo and Kakashi escorted us upstairs into the pent house and Sasuke brought out a change of clothes while Jugo grabbed a first aid kit. I had gotten a few cuts that I didn't remember, most likely from glass or shards of wood at the fire fight. I pulled on a pair of boxers, enjoying the feeling of clothing against my skin but when Jugo went to pull the yukata off my shoulders I shrunk back.

"Naruto what's wrong?"

I looked over at Kakashi and Sasuke and clutched the yukata around my shoulders.

"I-I can see to my wounds myself."

"Don't be shy, I can do it if you don't want the others to see your body."

"No!"

Sasuke's eyes widened in surprise at my shout and even Kakashi looked taken back. I had never spoken in that tone of voice before.

"Maybe we should go."

I darted forward and clutched Sasuke's and Kakashi's sleeves and shook my head.

"Naruto, what's wrong? You're trembling!"

Kakashi reached out to touch me but I flinched away from his hand. I regretted it instantly as I saw the hurt in his good eye.