50- Potter Gimme More

So, most people who know me in real life would know that I love Harry Potter (some of you who don't know me or go to my school know that as well but you know me too well for random internet people).

And since Pottermore went into beta, I haven't been on my account for a really painful amount of time, and being the genius I am ; I forgot my password for the account. Therefore I had to create a new account and get sorted all over again.

My Hogwarts house was Ravenclaw, my Ilvermorny house was Wampus, my wand was sycamore wood- with a dragon heartstring core, surprisingly swishy, 13 inches blah blah blah...

But what really intrigued me was J.K. Rowling's new Patronus test, which was an absolutely magical experience. My friends got answers ranging from unicorns and thestrals to hedgehogs and red squirrels. I got a deerhound as a Patronus (oddly specific if you ask me).

But I created a new account after that for multiple reasons- first was my insecurities... I'll let you in on a secret- on my original Pottermore account, I had been sorted into Gryffindor which caused me to cry as much as I had when I read about a certain Weasely twin's death in Deathly Hallows. 

Not that there's anything wrong with Gryffindor, it's just that I use Ravenclaw as a sort of validation to myself and the people I meet that I am in fact wise and creative. Getting Gryffindor took that away from me and I didn't feel witty or original at all. 

So when I got Ravenclaw on my first sorting test, I felt a need to prove myself that I belonged in the house by taking the quiz again- to break the tie between the houses. To my relief, I was sorted into Ravenclaw which made me go through my daily routines feeling like I was on a cloud.

The second reason was my curiosity. Based off of hours of research (see also: binge watching random YouTubers taking the patronus test) it seems like there are an infinite amount of patronuses, and some are more common than others.

Many of you could be like- Josniffles this is Harry Potter. There are so many different aspects of Harry Potter you could be obsessed with- Why the patronus?

In every single book, there is one shining moment where the fact that magic is awesome hits you. It's not like you weren't aware of it before, those are just the times when it gets up and slaps you in the face. Examples of these moments are the battle at Hogwarts, the Knight Bus, and literally the entire first book. The scene where Harry teaches everyone how to create a patronus is one of these moments.

On a side note- kudos to Harry for finally doing something intelligent in this story. For being the main character of this amazing stories and such an incredible wizard- Harry sure is stupid. Props to J.K. Rowling for writing one of the few realistic teenage males in our pop culture.

I have a soft spot in my heart for all living things (excluding some witches and wizards I have the personal displeasure of knowing). This stretches out to such an extent- like that one time I got stung by a bee and started crying because of the bee I had just murdered (forgive me Beyonce). So the fact that a Patronus in a way

Are the set of questions you receive based off your predetermined Hogwarts House? How many different question sets are there? Does each answer you pick have to do with a specific patronus? 

So I took the test again after creating a new account, and took the house tests again- I got the same wand, the same Hogwarts House, and a new Ilvernmorny House which doesn't matter because multiple houses would be able to react to you if you went there in real life (giving you the option to choose). I obviously chose to identify as a Wampus. 

But curiously enough, I received the same exact set of questions and answered the same- but this time, I got an otter! Don't get me wrong, I cannot stress how thrilled I was when I found that I had the same patronus as the queen that is Hermione Granger but that also means the test is randomized in some way to give the people of Pottermore a larger range of possible answers to get as a patronus.

I remember when I was talking to Katie, one of the people I talk to a lot in the afterschool programs I participate in (and fellow Ravenclaw housemate). She was reluctant to take the test because quote on quote,- "how accurate can it be?" 

Well, that's hard to answer because there is no paragraph designed to tell you about your test result like on the other quizzes on Pottermore which is understandable but a lot of people in the fandom don't particularly like the structure of the test- as in the questions it asks (just three random words we have to click in between) and the time limit on it. 

The reason it is timed is supposed to make it instinctual- the other tests are trying to figure out your personality- the traits that would make a certain house or wand more suited for you. This makes it reasonable to have many options as well as deep questions for your mind to sort out which one is the best for you. That is where your personality comes into play.

But a patronus is more complicated than that- it's supposed to be a literal projection of the most positive parts of your soul (and the soul is a lot more complicated than the mind). That's the only reasons I have that prove this test is valid (so far). Leave your thoughts about this debate in the comment section.

I know this isn't the usual material I publish on here, but I wanted to write about something different FOR THE FIFTIETH POST IN THIS BOOK! Took me long enough.

Don't forget to press that vote button on your way out and close the door behind you!