30

Bold and underlined - Mr. Finley (Kevin's history teacher)
Only underlined - Char
Only italics - A
***
"Hello? This is Mr. James Finley speaking. May I know who is this?"

"Hello, Mr. Finley. I'm Lisa McCloy, Kevin's mother. He left me a text, asking to call you."

"Oh, yes. Mrs. McCloy, the thing is – "

"Did he cause any trouble or inconvenience in the school?"

"Actually, yes. He-"

"Whoo! What did he do? Did he leave cockroaches in a teacher's suitcase or peed in it? Did he lock a teacher in the bathroom and then dump goo on him? Oh, maybe he painted graffiti all over the lockers and hallways! Maybe he put glue on the teacher's chair that's why you're calling me. I've told him multiple times not to pull that prank. It's too old! I used to do that during my time."

"*coughs* Um Mam, you're getting it all wrong –"

"I definitely need to teach him some new pranks. Kids these days are so boring. He needs to hang out with my group of friends. We'd teach him some fun pranks. That boy needs to make his parents proud. Don't you think so, Mr. Finley? You must know some golden pranks yourself, care to teach my son?"

"Mam, I've been a very sincere student during my high school years and I never involved myself in such rebellious activities."

"Oh, such a pity! You've wasted your whole life being a teacher's pet? No wonder my son isn't pulling pranks anymore. You guys are killing his zest! What kind of teacher are you?"

"*thinks to himself* what kind of mother are you? Mam, we don't encourage such activities in school premises. And the reason I called you is Kevin was caught using his mobile during class."

"WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"Finally we agree over something! Certainly not, mam. He-"

"I can't believe he got caught using cellphone!"

"I can totally und-"

"I thought I taught him better! Who gets caught using cellphone in a classroom? He should have known how to use it discreetly! That's such a shame! He's going to get an earful from me tonight."

"Mam, you don't need to encourage him. It was just a mistake and he's a very well behaved kid most of the time. Just-"

"No, Mr. Finley, you don't understand how important this issue is! I have to deal with it by myself. Thanks a lot for letting me know about this! Have a good day!"

*beep beep*

"I think you traumatized that old man, Char."