41

"I'm taking the car."

"You better drive safely. A single scratch on my baby and you're dead."

"You won't kill me, I know you. Oh, she's here! All the best, dude. I'm keeping your car if she kills you by the end of the meeting."

"..."

"Let's get this over with."

"So, where do we go to talk about it? Café?"

"Why? You have another setting laid out for humiliating me?"

"Ashton, I didn't call any of them to the café, that day. Please, believe me."

"Whatever. I'm not going anywhere. You want to talk? Talk here."

"Fine."

"Good. Let's sit on the porch."

"Um, why are you still covering your face with this scarf? I mean, I know who you are so you don't need to hide it."

"I think I've scarred you enough for a lifetime. Also, I don't like when someone just keep staring at the burns instead of my eyes."

"A, don't say that. Those marks just show that you're a fighter."

"..."

'I'm serious, A. When I told you that nothing would change even after the meeting and you'd still be my friend, I meant it. And I'm going to stick to y word."

"That's why you brought your whole gang to the café, huh?"

"I didn't call them there, A! The guys overheard my conversation with Dylan and they just showed up."

"Then why didn't you say anything when they kept speaking rubbish?"

"I was just too shocked, I guess. And very ashamed of myself too."

"Why?"

"Because they have bullied you countless times but I didn't do a single thing to stop them. Instead, I just stood on the sidelines like a fucking bystander."

"..."

"But if it makes you feel any better, I punched one of them after you left that day."

"I don't want you to fight with your friends because of me."

"Don't be stupid, I'd choose you over them any day. And like you said 'THEY ARE THE WORST CIRCLE OF FRIENDS TO HAVE EVER EXISTED'. And don't you act like it didn't made you feel better."

"It didn't....Alright, it did! Stop giving me that look. Of course, it made me feel better. I'm not one of those girls who wishes good even for her enemies. They are bullies and they deserve bad."

"Correct. But A, I' really sorry for never doing anything about my friends even when I knew they were wrong."

"I forgive you."

"Thank you so much, A! I'm so relieved!"

"..."

"Um, do you mind if I ask you something personal?"

"Ask away."

"Look I know that you moved here after the attack so the attacker should be from your old town but I couldn't help but feel the urge to smash his face to a wall and beat him up. Can you tell me, uh, who did this to you?"

"..."

"Shit. I ruined your whole mood, now. I'm really sorry, A! you know what, forget I even asked tha-"

"My attacker was my best friend."

(..to be continued)