Realization

The next morning, K had decided not to go to class and was still unexpectedly at Asano's house. She sat in his room, but was shocked to hear someone come home.

"Huh?"

Asano opened his door and was shocked to see K still there. But he couldn't hide his bitter face no matter how hard he tried.

"Why are you-"

Asano ignored K's question a d went back downstairs the kitchen. The two students spent practically he whole day in the same house, but neither spoke to the other. Until it was almost time for school to end.

"Missy! I'm going out. Want to come?"

He shouted up to his room like it was normal. K quickly ran down the stairs without saying a word and followed Asano into his car. He ordered the car to drve to school. Once they got out, K didn't ask why they were at school or what he had planned.

"Huh? Its Asano."

K heard Kayano's voice as some students from class E walked towards Asano who was leaning against a pillar.

"And girlie! Heh!"

Karma wrapped his arm around K and tried to get a reaction out of Asano, but Asano just stood there unmoved.

"What do you want?"

Sugino spoke in an irritated voice. Asano unexpectedly turned to face them and spoke with his head down. K watched in awe as she witnessed him speak.

"It pains me to say this...but I have a request."

Asano spoke bluntly. Karma turned his head with a playful smile and listened carefully to Asano's words.

"That monster, I want you to...kill him."

K flinched slightly at his words, but Karma held her close. His actions signaling K to listen to what Asano has to say.

"Not physically of course, kill his educational policies."

"His policies?"

"I want you, the class E, to dominate the top spots in the next end-of-term exams. I'll be in first f course, but excellent grades mean nothing from an excellent student."

Asano boasted as he tried to explain himself to class E. He just continued to insult them as he explained that he wanted the low scoring class E to defeat his father and the deals he stood for.

"Asano, that's enough."

K spoke up and escaped Karma's hold. She ran to his side and grabbed his shoulders, but Asano didn't listen.

"Please...show my friends and my father...a proper defeat."

He bowed deeply to class E who stood baffled. No one knew what to do.

"Huh? Is this any time to be worried about someone else?"

Karma suddenly spoke up as he walked toward the bent over Asano.

"You're not taking firat this time, I am."

He stuck out his tongue to Asano which only made the number 1 student angry. He lifted his head and faced Karma with an irritated look, but Karma seemed to enjoy his reactions.

"I already told ya last time, we're not going easy on you. And I'm taking girlie back when this is all over."

The usual smirk returned to Asano's face and he wrapped his arm around K.

"Ohh? How amusing. Just try and beat me."

"...Asano?"

K was forced to walk with Asano's hands around her. For the first time, she realized that those two had been competing for more than just ranks. They were looking to win her over. She blushed and turned away from Asano so he couldn't see her face anymore.

"Eh? Missy what's wrong?"

"Its nothing, stupid principal's son."

"Huh?"

He stopped to look at her closely, but she avoided eye contact.

"J-Just leave me alone."

She ran back to the car and sat as far from Asano as she could. K could feel her heart beating faster and faster, but she didn't understand why. Then, just as the driver began driving back to Asano's house, Asano spoke up.

"You know Missy, you don't need to keep calling me Asano."

"Eh?"

K turned to look at Asano, but he was facing the window while talking to her.

"What should I call you then?"

Silence filled the car. K waited patiently for Asano's answer, then she heard a loud sigh.

"W-well...you call Akabane by his first name. I just..."

Between his stuttering and the awkward situation, K blushed and turned to look out the window of the moving car.

"...So Gakushu, do you want to study when we get back?"

"...s-sure."

neither turned to face the other, but both students were blushing profusely as the car slowly drove to Asano's house.