ii

ii

She put on a smile and strutted past the lockers, her crowd of friends right behind her. She was popular, loved by every person at school. Every person, except one.

Caelen Armino watched her herd and herself sourly as they walked, narrowing his dark eyes at Adrianna in particular.

She sighed silently, wishing she was someone else as she sashayed past.

"So, are you coming to Drake's party tonight?" Her friend Cathy zoned in, taking her attention all at once.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." She beamed, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. Cathy didn't notice, but it seemed that Caelen did.

"I can't wait to see what you wear today!" Cathy squealed in excitement and tugged at Adrianna's sleeve like a child.

Adrianna was quite known for her unique outfits that stole the show at any party she went to. This time as well, she would not disappoint.

"You'll love it." She rolled her eyes at Cathy and waved her off. "It's amazing."

Outside, she was bubbling with enthusiasm but inside, she was shivering with anxiety, wondering how in the world she was going to convince her mother to lend her five dollars to buy a dress from the thrift shop.

Updates will be on Saturdays and Wednesdays so keep an eye out for them!