Sixteen

Cadence was unsure of what exactly the Alpha had planned for her

Cadence was unsure of what exactly the Alpha had planned for her. She almost felt as if she were being dragged to the principles office for being naughty. Cadence frowned at the thought, she'd never been to school, that was a pack thing. Cadence began to day dream, trying to think of why she would remember something so useless that by when they stopped Cadence had to blink a few times as she looked at her surroundings. Where was she? She wondered, looking around the room. It was nice, and roomy. It also had a couch, loveseat and chair. Were they in the living room? A study?

Connor had managed to get a hold of his anger by the time they made it to his study. He didn't know exactly why he was so angry to begin with. It wasn't the first time there had been some sort of argument among his pack members, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. Connor turned to Cadence after he released her arm. She wasn't really paying attention to him, as a matter of fact, she seemed to be looking anywhere and everywhere, but at him.  The action made him frown. Did she perhaps not like looking at him? He moved closer, purposely into her space, forcing her to look at him.

Cadence was yet again alone with the Alpha. She really shouldn't care, but she did. She kept hearing the words of the females from this morning, and wondered if that was really what the Alpha had wanted from her. No males were trustworthy, no one but Mac. Cadence had learned that lesson. She'd tried to give the benefit of the doubt, and it nearly got her killed. Cadence stiffened when she felt the warmth radiating off of Connor, and as his scent filled her nose. He did smell nice, Cadence admitted on a near sigh.

"Look at me Cadence." Connor ordered, slightly surprised when her eyes snapped to his. He had expected her to refuse. "Why did you interfere outside in the courtyard?" Connor searched her eyes, wondering why a rogue would care.

Cadence was nervous looking at the Alpha. His eyes did something to her and she didn't know what to make of it. She knew one thing and that was that she had to avoid him as much as possible. She couldn't letters attraction grow. "Why shouldn't I? You shouldn't get mad at your pack members because of me. Let alone hold them off the ground as you choke the life out of them." she said simply.

Connor frowned not understanding. "Why would I let my pack members disrespect you like that? I'm your guardian and I can't, won't let anyone threaten you. As your guardian it is my responsibility to see to your safety."

Cadence threw her hands up in frustration, moving away from Connor as she paced. "But that's the thing Connor. I'm not your responsability! I am a rogue! I don't belong in a pack and no one will ever accept such. You seen for yourself first hand what having a rogue in a pack does." Cadence shook her head as she looked at the ground. "You know this, yet for some reason you're determined to keep your promise. No on would fault you for breaking it. And over time Joey would forget all about me." Even as Cadence spoke the truth her chest tightened. She didn't want Joey to forget her, but he would. He was still young and once he grew and began his own family and life she would be nothing but a memory.

Connor's jaw clenched. He knew she was right and knew that he was not only putting him self at odds with his pack, but he was inadvertently putting Cadence life in danger by keeping her in his pack. He didn't was to lose whatever this was that he was feeling. "You're right." Connor said finally after a moment of silence. "You are a rogue and while I do wish it were different I know that my pack will over time grow bold and attack you." Connor closed his eyes, then opened them. "You are free to leave. We will do it tonight. I will walk tour to the border myself."

Cadence should be relieved, but a small part of her had hoped for the impossible. To feel wanted, accepted- to belong. But, those were just dreams. "Thank you." Cadence whispered.