Twenty-Six

Cadence woke to a splitting head ache, as her mind leveled out she realized she didn't just have a head ache, but she was freezing

Cadence woke to a splitting head ache, as her mind leveled out she realized she didn't just have a head ache, but she was freezing. She searched her mind for what had happened. Images of her and Joey walking around, then seeing Malic flashed through her mind. Hearing something clink in the room her eyes flew open. Her first instinct was to cover herself, but she couldn't even do that. Her left arm was chained to the wall.

Cadence's teeth chattered and no matter how much she tried to control it she couldn't. Cadence looked around the room and felt dread fill her. She knew exactly where she was. Just as she realized where she was she came face to face with her kidnapper. "Thomas." Cadence said through clenched teeth, a pathetic attempt to stop her chattering teeth.

Thomas smiled, taking in the view in front of him. He had been waiting a long time for Cadence and this time he finally had her. "Cadence Monroe. You are a hard woman to please. You know I tried everything to get your attention. What is it that you want from me?"

Cadence stared at Thomas blankly. "That's the thing Thomas. I don't want anything from you. Well perhaps for you to let me go, return the land to my father and drop off this earth somewhere." Cadence watched the transformation. Here was a man who could switch moods in a second and she had intentionally flipped the switch.

"You bitch!" Thomas roared as he closed the distance and back handed Cadence. Her head snapped to the side, but she made no sound. "You best watch how you speak to me. I may want you and regardless I will have you, but I don't have to keep that tongue in your mouth."

Cadence ran her tongue over her lower lip, tasting the blood. She turned back to Thomas with the same blank face, "hmmm."

Thomas seemed to grow madder at her lack of response and grabbed her neck. "I could kill you right now."

Cadence shrugged her shoulder, "either way you will die. I die and you die slowly, I live you die quickly. I can only hope that I get to be the one to do it."

Thomas was about to hit her again, but was stopped by someone Cadence didn't recognize. "Alpha she's goading you. Ignore her and return later."

Thomas yanked his arm away sending Cadence one last glare before leaving the room. The stranger stayed behind and Cadence looked at him in confusion.

"I didn't save you. So don't get any ideas, also put this on or freeze to death. I don't care either way." The man didn't stick around.

Cadence stared at the blanket for a long moment before wrapping it around herself the best she could. She was numb from the cold and she knew as her body warmed she was going to be hurting. She would be stabbed over and over by the pin needle sensation until her body was fully warmed.

"Please hurry..." She whispered to no one in particular, but secretly prayed that Connor would hear her.

*
*
Connor shoved the papers off of his desk, panting with anger as he stared at his other boarder patrol on duty. "What do you mean you didn't notice anything? Malic is missing, he didn't check in at his routine hour and you didn't find that suspicious at all?!" Connor was advancing, ready to draw blood from the idiots when John stepped in and stopped him.

"Connor, I understand how you feel, but going crazy on your pack won't help us. We will find her. Cadence is strong." John's eyes widened when he smelt something familiar on one of the men behind him. He turned taking in a big whiff and grabbed the younger one by the shirt. "You smell like him!" John growled then smirked, his teeth a shift between being fully wolf and human. "I know where Cadence is. Mac take this pup and keep him company."

"Who has my mate?" Connor demanded.

John turned back to Connor, his face grim. "Thomas."

Jake took a step forward as Connor suddenly snapped the desk he had been holding onto. His eyes shifted between there grey to bright yellow. "Connor." Jake began cautiously. "Don't do anything stupid. We can risk our Luna's safety, if you go charging in there now he may kill her."

Connor was breathing hard, trying his best to take deep breaths to calm himself, but it didn't help much. He would kill Thomas just to ensure he never bothered or haunted Cadence again, but if he so much as touched her Connor would torture him again and again.

*
*
Sorry, short chapter. I hope you like it regardless.