[enter cool title]

Hi again!! Coming back with some funny Hamilton references! Like usual, I am going ro apologoze for being so inactive and thank you all for continuing to vote on my story! Just a reminder that I do have some other requests I am working on and I apologize how freaking long it is taking me and I really hope that if I do update your request that you still even read this story. I don't tend to update in order of request but as I get ideas. Anyways this is the request for @Mikayla_Ackerman and I hope you like it!

Being a parent really was tiring. You and Nico had been married for 8 years now and had your own house and two kids, 5 year old twins named y/s/n and y/d/n.

You both ended up getting jobs in the city to pay the bills and for the kids and left the kids with Leo, despite your natural parenting concerns for their safety with him, and were glad to see that Leo was great with kids and mostly restrained himself from going up in flames when getting too into play time.

However, lately things had not been so easy. The kids were now starting kindergarten which meant there was more money needed which meant Nico had to work later so you could get off in time to cook dinner, help them with homework, do chores around the house and be able to take them to other events.

Because of this by the time Nico got home he would be exhausted and go right to bed instead of playing with the kids.

~

You woke up to your alarm at 5 a.m. and went out to the kitchen to start your coffee so it would be done when you were dressed and getting the kids up for school. You yawned and smiled sleepily at Nico who was finishing his coffee, ready to walk out the door. He looked exhausted and walked over to you slumping over and resting his head on your shoulder. He groaned.

"Still not a morning person after all these years.." You giggled, rubbing his back.

"Hmph." He grumbled making you laugh quietly.

"I have to work late tonight so you take the night shift off okay? And I dont care if the boss is giving you crap. You've been the best worker there for so long if he can't give you a shift off then something's wrong with him. I'll come over there and beat his ass if I have to." You declared stubbornly.

Nico chuckled, nodding. "Okay, okay. See you later."

He pecked your lips before grabbing his coffee and walking out of the house.

You smiled and continued to get ready and got the kids up, taking them to school.

~

After a lot of convincing, Nico had finally gotten the night off and had downed a few cups of coffee to make sure he had energy for the rest of the day. He looked at the clock, noting the kids would get out of school in about a half an hour. He jumped into the car, beginning the drive to the elementary school.

Lately, he had felt bad about not seeing his kids. Before having to work the night shift he would play with them until they would have to go in for dinner and then tell them stories when it was time for them to get to bed.  It became a routine quickly but after his schedule changed he would be too exhausted to play with them and would for straight to bed when he got home. He felt guilty about it and was dismayed when the kids began to want to go with Leo instead of coming home even when he would have rare chances to get off early. You always assured him that this did not make him a bad father but regardless he regretted every day like that.

Nico sighed, turning up the classic rock station on the radio. He didnt need this day to get depressing, just having to wake up early and work all day was depressing enough.

Happy thoughts, Nico. Happy thoughts.

He pulled in front of the school, and put the car in park, getting out of the car. He glanced at the time and leaned against the car, scrolling through his phone to pass time.

The sound of chattering children filled his ears and he shoved his phone in his pocket, looking up to watch for his children coming out.

Y/d/n and Y/s/n had been excitedly talking about what cool things they would do with 'Uncle Leo' today and stopped when instead of Leo, their father was standing in their normal pickup spot, softly smiling at them.

Nico's smile dropped when they continued to stare for a while, not reacting over-joyed as he had hoped they would.

The twins glanced at each other before walking towards him, hesitant to say something.

"Um...are you dropping us off at Uncle Leo's? Was he too busy to pick us up?" Y/s/n asked.

Nico awkwardly fidgeted with his hands.

"Uh...actually I'm taking you guys out for a while." He said, regaining his composure.

He couldn't understand how it was even possible to feel so awkward with your own children.

He sighed.

"You're off work? Really?" Y/d/n questioned, staring up at Nico with big eyes.

He nodded. 

"And we're playing together?"

"Yep."

"And you're not tired?"

"Nope."

"Dad. Are you sure ?"

"I'm sure-"

"Prove it!!" Y/s/n shouted, circling around Nico.

Nico chuckled, happy they were happy to see him, and leaned down to meet four eyes staring at him in anticipation and opened his eyes real wide, giving them a grin only you and the twins got to see.

The twins grinned and cheered, clinging to his hands and skipping in  circles.

Nico's eyes widened as he grew dizzy, a genuine laugh slipping from his mouth.

His children pushed him into the drivers seat before scrambling into the back, buckling up.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" They shouted, practically bouncing up and down in their seats.

Nico smiled and drove home, having a tiring but great time with the kids.

.
.
.

"I'm home, babe." You said as you walked into your house. When you got no reply, you walked into the kitchen looking around to find a plate with dinner waiting for you along with a picture drawn by the kids.

You smiled and set your purse on the counter, walking into the living room where one of the the kids' favorite movies, Hercules, was playing and Nico and the twins were passed out on the couch cuddling.

You chuckled at the thought of Nico's dad when the Disney Hades vame in screen and smiled at the sight of your husband and children, knowing how lucky you are to have such precious people in your life.

Hope you all enjoyed that! I honestly really loved this idea and thought it was very cute. Thanks for reading and voting! See you! (On the other side of the war)

...

..

.

┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌