IV. PAIN

Clary continued to be in this daze, making Simon begin to worry and Jace to start and look concerned as well. It radiated off them, and it was quite annoying to Isaac, who playing with the ends of his scarf and biting his lip nervously. All of them, in their own ways, cared for the redhead.

"Clary, come on. We gotta go," Simon muttered, breaking Clary out of her catatonic state.

The Fray girl looked to the boy on her right side in guilt, turning to the blonde Shadowhunter on the left. "Simon, I think Jace can help us."

"Actually, Clary, Jace, along with his friends, are the only ones that can help us," Isaac interjected.

"Shut up, Isaac! You kept this world from me as well," Clary snapped, staring with fury at the curly haired blonde. He raised his hands up to surrender, but didn't say anything else. He couldn't tell her anything more, she had to figure out this world for herself, and he couldn't interfere.

Jocelyn had instructed him to sit back and help, and that's what he would do.

"What?" Simon sounded offended more than anything, that his best friend would choose a stranger over him.

"Come on," Clary tugged at his arm, pulling into the Institute, Isaac following them and Jace leading the group.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try..." Simon spewed out an implausible reason to make Clary turn back with him, making Isaac laugh, "Please, kid, is that the worst insult that you have? I thought I taught you better."

"Mundane, we do not have the time," Jace ignored Isaac, something that happens more than the curly haired boy liked. Being ignored was not his favorite pass time.

They entered the abandoned church, at least that's what it looked like to Simon. To the rest, it looked like the normal place with Shadowhunters going about their business. Simon gasped at the sight of Jace runing himself, making Isaac let out a low chuckle.

"I know. Trust Me," Clary comforted her friend, wanting to ease him more into this. Isaac stayed silent, not liking the fact that the redhead was slightly mad at him.

"He's, like, burning himself." Jace sighed as Isaac rolled his eyes at the Lewis boy's comment. He really wanted to slash Simon's throat with his claws, but refrained from doing so.

"Buddy, what's going on, man?" Simon asked when Jace grabbed his arm. "I'm not your type, man. I don't even..."

"You really aren't," Isaac muttered under his breath, glad that no one else was a werewolf so that they couldn't hear him. It was times like these he was glad that he was the only supernatural-like creature around.

"Where are we? What the hell?" Simon stammered, "Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now," Jace clarified, walking down the hallway to his friends, uninterested in standing next to the mundane anymore. Isaac stayed a little longer, to see what would happen. 

"I think my mom's at the center of it," Clary added, her and Isaac leaving Simon as well. He went to stand by Jace, who sent him a small smirk. Even though that hadn't known each other for very long, they had been getting along like they had known each other forever, and Isaac was glad to have him as a sort of friend.

Isaac wanted to add the fact that there had been for longer than either of them were alive, but kept that comment to himself. He didn't want to give Clary another reason to hold a grudge against him, Isaac was only trying to protect her. To help.

"You coming?" Jace asked Simon, who still stood at the end of the hallway, looking at the place in awe. Isaac couldn't blame him, the Institute was breathtaking, and no one could deny that.