VII. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

After the graveyard, Jace and Clary went to go grab a ride to the Hotel DuMort, leaving Isaac alone. Jace told him that it was vampire territory, leading the Lahey boy to forfeit from going because it would just create an unnecessary battle over nothing. Instead, he opted out to walk there. But the thing was, he couldn't just around the place, it would attract too much attention, so Isaac stood in the shadows as he watched the building.

Every now and then he saw a vampire walk out to see if anyone was there, but he made sure to cover his scent with something that another pack had given him before he left Beacon Hills. When he went on missions to learn about the alpha pack, he learned of another pack of werewolves and helped protect them from one of the alphas in the threatening pack. In return, their leader gave Isaac a sort of mist that covered up his stench. So far, he had only needed to use it three times.

The first was in France. Chris had enrolled him in high school there because "education is important, Isaac" and he wanted to make sure that no other werewolves were there before revealing himself. Using the spray, he covered himself before he found out that none of the werewolves they were hunting were there.

Then, he had to use the concoction again in Brooklyn when Luke was introducing him to the pack. Luke wasn't sure how they would respond to the young werewolf, so Isaac took matters into his own hands and made sure to make them think he was a human who simply knew of the supernatural world.

And then there was now, when Isaac was stalking a building full of murderous vampires. He has waiting for a text from one of the group members, Jace said that someone would notify them when they were ready to move.

His prayers were answered when he got a text from Izzy, the girl who constantly flirted with him yet didn't care about him. Basement, was all that the text said, but it was enough for Isaac and anyone else she texted to know where to be.

When he was walking into the basement of the building, he met up with Alec who had also just appeared there. Alec nodded, signaling that he knew of Isaac's presence.

"Izzy!" Alec yelled slightly, "I got your text. Where are we exactly?" Both of the approaching boys looked around at the setting. It was dark, gloomy, and a little depressing. Everything was steel and cold, nothing looked exactly welcoming.

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance," Isabelle told them as they began walking.

"Looks a little like a sex chamber," commented Isaac as he continued to look at all steel features of the place.

Isabelle smirked, "Could be if you want to come back later."

The Lahey boy rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Really? At least try harder, make them a little more discreet. I mean, your brother is right there!"

"Will you guys stop?" Alec broke them apart, "Izzy, can you tell us why we're here?"

"Gladly, if we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort." Isabelle told them, "Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay," was all that Alec said, with a hint of unimpressment, Isaac noted.

"'Okay'?" Isabelle repeated, angered the tiniest bit before his lack of enthusiasm, "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

Isaac rolled his eyes discretely, "Yes, because sleeping with someone is so hard."

Both of the Lightwood siblings rolled their eyes at Isaac, his comment not exactly benefitting them in the slightest. Isabelle usually loved his little, sarcastic comments, but not when they were directed to her. Then, it just hurt a little.