Waking Up

i'm a terrible person for keeping you guys waiting...a lot goes on in this chapter and if i can get to it, maybe another update in a couple days but no promises. enjoy!

-hunter xx.

[not edited]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was looking at the sonogram pictures as he was holding Louis' hand comfortingly. He could have sworn he felt his hand tighten around his hand, but he thought it was just his mind playing tricks on him. He continued to look at the picture and smiled as he realized that he would be a father to three babies very soon.

There was a knock at the door and the doctor came in with the ultrasound machine. "I know that we already performed one, but I figured I'd let you see it for yourself. And a very nice gentlemen who just left with his husband asked me to do this as a favor. So, do you want me to do it?"

Harry nodded quickly, "Please, if you don't mind."

The doctor smiled. "Not at all, now let's see your babies. Maybe if they are in the right position we can see the sexes of them. Would you want me to tell you them if I can?"

Harry thought for a second and nodded. "Yeah, I would like that." He knew Louis probably didn't want to know until they were born, but he wanted to know. He moved closer to the bed and watched as the doctor found each of the babies. He listed off each of their sexes and even pointed to where he could see why each were what.

"Congratulations Harry, two healthy baby boys and one healthy baby girl." The two boys were baby A and B, and the girl was baby C and was she was slightly bigger than baby B. The doctor circled each of them on the screen and labeled each of their sexes before he printed it a few copies. "Here you go and I wish all the best for the two of you."

"Thank you so much doctor." Harry smiled and he turned to Louis and he grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles. "Did you hear that Lou? Two boys and a girl, I know you always wanted a little girl and you get your wish. I really hope you wake up soon, so close to giving birth to our wonderful babies."

**

Louis frowned, he wished that Harry would have waited to know what the sexes of the babies were, but he sighed after he realized that Harry probably thought knowing would take his mind off of him not being awake. He looked at the emptiness around him and realized that it was time for him to decide what he wanted to do.

He thought for a second and uttered the words that would take him to where he needed to go. His body disappeared and the white space disappeared showing darkness. Louis felt his body being lifted and his mind coming together that he chose the right thing.

**

Harry wasn't paying attention much, only his hand was intertwined with Louis when he felt Louis' hand slip from his. "Wha- Louis? You're awake?"

Louis coughed from his scratchy throat and motioned for Harry to give him some water. Harry poured him some and then Louis was able to talk. "What? Why am I hear? My stomach is so big, how long have I been out?"

Harry sighed. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember grabbing my things to try to find you and then nothing. Why, what happened?"

Harry raised his eyebrow to the first part of what he said, but answered the last part. "You were in a really bad accident, your car is totaled. You hit your head really hard and had brain swelling, so the doctor had to put you in a medically induced coma as your body healed by itself. You have some broken and cracked ribs, a dislocated shoulder, broken elbow and a fractured ankle."

Louis' mind was fuzzy and it still really hurt. "So, how long have I been out?"

"Well, the doctor said you should have woken up two weeks after, but you've been asleep for almost a month. The doctor had said that you wanted to take your time to wake up and I guess you did."

Louis nodded and he looked down at his bump before Harry went to get a nurse to check his vitals since he was awake. He used that time that the nurse kicked him out to send a mass text to everyone.

To: Jay, Dan, Niall, Zayn and Liam

From: Harry

He's awake! Doctor and Nurses are looking him over as we speak. But, said that visitors will be allowed after they are done.

He didn't get any replies, but everyone read the text message telling him that they are all probably on their way to come to see him. And just as the Doctor came over to talk to him, Jay and Dan arrived and they listened on. The Doctor said that he was recovering very good, no more brain swelling and all of his fractures and breaks are just about healed. He will have some physical therapy since he's been bedridden for a while, but he predicts that it wouldn't be too long for him for that. The Doctor said a physical therapist will be around tomorrow to evaluate how much therapy he will need.

"Thank you so much doctor, is there anything else we should know?"

"He doesn't remember the accident. Like the last thing he remembers is getting in his car to come find me," Harry answered for the doctor who also added that it's a normal thing to happen and he may actually never remember it, which frankly is a good thing because he's lucky to be alive along with his children.

Jay and Dan nodded at the doctor who smiled before he left. Harry let the two of them go into the room as he went to get some coffee for everyone. He stopped by the nurses station and asked if he could get tea or something for Louis. They had said that yes it would be okay seeing as he doesn't have a specific diet on his chart.

Harry smiled and he went down the stairs to get coffee and tea for everyone. He still remembers how everyone still took everything and then grabbed some muffins before he went back upstairs. He paused at the door as he listened to Louis speaking to his mum and step-father.

"I just, I don't really think that Harry and I should actually get back together just yet. I still love him and want him to be apart of the kids life, but I need time to think and it still hurts what he did to me." Harry frowned, he knew Louis wouldn't accept him back that fast, but he was hopeful. He walked into the room and saw that everyone was there and he gave them what they all usually took. He handed Louis his tea carefully before he sat in the corner as he felt out of place.

Harry sighed. "I think it's best that I go. I'll be back in the morning, glad to see you awake Lou." Everyone just watched as Harry gave them a small smile as he gathered his things and left. Louis watched with a frown hoping that he would have stayed.

"You know, that's the first time he's left you since you've been here?" Zayn added in as he took a hesitant sip of his coffee, smiling as it was just how he liked it.

"Really?" Louis didn't understand why he didn't leave.

"The nurses gave him the permission to sleep here next to you in case something happened. We all couldn't stay and he said that he would do it. Even though he hurt you, he still wants what's best for you. He feels terrible how he treated you."

Louis looked down at the steaming cup of tea and everything just came back to him and tears started rolling down his face. Zayn grabbed his cup of tea and sat at the edge of the bed while everyone left the two of them besides Niall who was comforting him. The two of them always knew what to do to get him to calm down.

"Lou, sweetie can you breathe for Zaynie?" He asked as he grabbed his hands that had started to shake. He placed his hand over his heart, "Follow my breathing, in and out." Zayn and Niall watching as he managed to calm down.

Niall ran his fingers through his hair before he spoke. "You feel overwhelmed?" Louis nodded. "That's normal because you want everything to be different don't you?" They got another nod from him and he curled into Zayn's side when he moved to lay next to him. "You need to explain everything to Harry because he probably just felt that since you had us here that he wasn't needed. But, I could tell you wanted him."

"I didn't want him to leave, I wanted him to stay. I always wanted him to stay."