Dear Patience

Hello all! So I think there will be maybe 5 more chapters? Maybe I'm not sure. I have a sequel planned though it's Louis and Niall centered on their relationship immediately after the events of the story. The story title will come soon!

**

Louis was growing so anxious with Niall being the way he was, it was the third day in a row that Louis barely slept. He couldn't even get his contacts in as his eyes were so dry from the crying he would do at night. He knew Niall could hear him and he could have sworn he heard a strange noise outside his bedroom the night before when he woke up sobbing from the dream he had.

The dream felt too real and he was suffocating from the feelings of being trapped. In his dream Niall left him, everyone left him, and it left him calling out for someone and no one answered.

He kept saying "Patience" over and over again in his dream, he was so patient that it was driving him mad. He woke up saying those words and he felt like he was drowning from his tears. He wanted so badly to reach out for Niall but he wasn't there. He freaked out for a moment before his ears caught the sound of someone talking over the monitor and a relief came over him when he realized Niall didn't leave him.

It was a dream, just a dream. Just a dream.

Was it? Niall didn't leave him persay, but he's not right next to him. Maybe the dream is trying to tell him something, but he doesn't know what. The dream scared him and he never fell back to sleep. He wanted to see Niall how this was affecting him, he didn't want him to pity him, but he wanted him to feel bad.

Louis grabbed his glasses and blinked his eyes a few times before his eyes adjusted to the bright sunshine coming in through the windows. He needed to get up and let Niall off the hook for the babies, but he was so exhausted that it took him a little bit longer to get out of bed.

That's when he heard a soft voice over the monitor and his heart grew at the song he heard Niall singing to the babies.

"When you look me in the eyes I catch a glimpse of heaven..."

Louis couldn't move as he was fixated on Niall's voice, it was as if the other man knew he'd be listening, but played it off as he was singing to the babies. It was as if he needed some reassurance to know everything was okay because as soon as Niall was finished singing Louis managed to fall asleep.

**

When Louis finally woke back up it was about 11 and there was a steaming hot plate of food and a hot cup of cocoa sitting on the table to his left with a note.

I had to go to work, see you later.
Love you,
Your Niall.

Louis smiled and he ate his food and drank his cocoa in peace before he would be interrupted by the babies.

After he made sure the babies were fed and changed he brought them to the living room and decided to do a little cleaning before Zayn would come over to watch the kids while he showered. He doesn't remember the last time he showered and the last time he was home alone he didn't even get halfway done when one the babies decided they wanted their dad.

Louis smiled when Roxy went over and sniffed at each of the babies, she stopped at Nate and just wagged her tail. Louis knew what it meant, she wanted to lay down with the babies. It was something Niall had done the other day and she just laid there while the babies got some tummy time.

Louis laid out a thick blanket and put each baby down, but for Nate he had to set him over his lap as he was not strong enough to be placed on the floor. Roxy licked the back of his head and he let out a giggle.