Chapter - 32

“What’s going on?” I muttered as I woke up from my memory only to find myself buckled and in the passenger seat of Bryson’s car. My head turned over in his direction. “Bryson?”

He looked over at me with concerned eyes. “I am worried that something is wrong with you, Elle. Since we have been at the cabin you’ve randomly been passing out. And in the middle of us ... kissing ... you shrieked in pain and passed out again. I’ve no idea if the latter has to do with your daring act of jumping off the tall cliff, but I think we should go to see Dr. Rose. I’ve called her and she is going to meet us at the hospital.”

I sat up in my seat, put my elbows on my knees and placed my head in the palms of my head. “Please, Bryson, I don’t want to go back there.”

“Elle, something could be wrong with you and we don’t know. I won’t let you risk your life-”

“Bryson, chill. I really am fine!” I told him as I sat up straight. “It is just some headaches and tiredness,” I half-lied.

His green eyes flickered over to me, “You're having headaches? Why didn't you tell me?” He snapped.

“It is no big deal-”

“Do you not understand all the shit I’m going to get from Dr. Rose? You have medicines for your headaches for a reason. I will tell you this: I’m not going to get shit from her after this appointment. If everything is okay with you, I will make sure you take your medicine like clockwork, headache or no headache.”

“What if I can't comply?”

“Then, I will shove them down your throat,” He exclaimed with honesty leaking in his voice.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest, “Bryson, calm down, I’m perfectly fine. Medicine is not needed nor the doctors. So, please turn this car around or take us home,” I pleaded.

“Sorry, I’m not calm enough for you but it is not every day that I kiss a girl and she passes out on me right after screaming in pain.”

I shagged in my seat, he wasn’t going to give up, and that much was becoming clear. Groaning I looked out the passenger window to see trees blur past us. “I’m sorry,” I mumbled.

“Sorry? For what?”

“I ruined your perfect recreation of our date. I know you wanted to make it perfect. But - I ruined it,” I softly spoke as I looked down at my lap.

“Elle, please don’t talk like that, you didn’t ruin anything. Plus, we can always have a re-recreation,” He joked.

I smiled and looked over at him, “Thank you.”

“I didn’t do anything,” He stated.

I placed my hand on his, which was holding the gear shift. “You’ve done a lot for me, believe it or not ... I have to admit something, though ... your concern is really adorable,” I added. I watched as a pink tint found Bryson’s cheeks. "Awww-e, are you blushing?” I teased.

His head turned, clearly trying to hide the blush that was blossoming on his face. “I’m not blushing. I’m just overheated,” He exclaimed and took his hand out from under mine.

My hand slipped on top of the gear shift as he reached over and kicked on the air conditioner. I was about to remove my hand from the gear shift when Bryson placed his hand on mine.

The whole ride home was filled with an oddly comfortable silence as Bryson kept his hand on top of mine...

***

“Elle, everything looks fine. Your vitals are normal, labs are perfect and the MRI of your brain, which we took a little while ago, looks completely normal.” Dr. Rose spoke as she looked down at my chart. Glancing up at me, she gave a small frown. “There is nothing wrong with you, but you randomly passing out and the migraines are not normal. What usually happens before you pass out?”