Chapter - 46

Day one of our 'honeymoon' and, as much as it pains me to say it, I've to admit that Bryson was actually really smart. I mean, the rollercoasters at Disney World definitely gave me a rush but on the flip side, I was in a completely and utterly safe environment.

Taking a bite of the blue bundle of cotton candy, I held on a stick, I savored the sugary flavor that was melting in my mouth.

"Want some water?" Bryson asked as he titled his, half-empty, water bottle in my direction.

I looked at him and could see sweat beading on his forehead. In noticing that, I realized just how hot it was today. With the sun blazing it had to be about, if not, one hundred degrees outside (37.7*C). Shaking my head, I swallowed the cotton candy I had in my mouth. "I'm not thirsty," I honestly replied right before taking another bite of cotton candy.

Bryson looked at me with disbelief. "How can you not be thirsty? I've not seen you take a sip of anything all day. It's freaking hot outside and you're basically eating sugar - doesn't sugar make you thirsty?"

"Nope."

Reaching down, Bryson snatched my cotton candy stick from my hand and replaced my, now, empty hand with the cool water bottle. "Drink," He demanded like I was a five-year-old and disobeying him.

"I don't want this," I responded as I tried to hand him back the bottle, only to have him shake his head 'no'.

"You're going to get dehydrated and have a heat stroke if you don't drink something." Bryson plainly stated as he tossed my cotton candy in a metal bin next to him.

My jaw dropped in shock, "What the hell?! I was eating that!" I proclaimed and then proceed to dump his water bottle in the trash as retaliation.

"No more rides, until you drink something," Bryson exclaimed as he took a seat on a bench behind him. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked up at me with squinting eyes that were trying to block out the sun's glare.

"Fine, guess we're just going to sit here," I proclaimed as I sat down on the bench next to him. My eyes danced around my surrounds - excluding, Bryson. Soon, my sights landed on a little girl, who had to be no more than seven-years-old. She had dark hair that was up in pigtails. Currently, she'd her arms wrapped around her mother's leg as they waited in line, about thirty feet in front of us, for a water boat ride.

I couldn't help but smile because the girl was so freaking cute.

"Do you ever want kids?" I randomly blurted out as I looked away from the girl and finally looked at Bryson.

He turned his head in my direction and raised an eyebrow. "With you?" He said in disbelief that I would suggest such a thing.

I rolled my eyes, "Only in your dreams, Bry-Bry. But no, seriously - I just wondered if you liked kids and if you wanted some of your own, one day." I'd no idea where all this was coming from and why I'd want to know such things, however, the words were just spilling out at their own accord.

Bryson looked slightly uncomfortable with the topic as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I like children ... However, I just am not sure if I'm ever going to be cut out to be a father..." He trailed off.

"Why not?"

"Ummm ... My dad wasn't the best father, you can say ... and I don't want to have a kid and end up being the man my father was..."

I could tell there was so much he was holding back on, "What do you mean?" I pressed.

Bryson looked away from me and allowed his eyes to glance around the theme park before us. He resorted to a long sigh before shrugging his broad shoulders. I could see it in his eyes and facial expression, even though he wasn't looking at me, that he was pondering on what exactly to say - and not to say. He allowed his lips to slowly crack open before hesitant words spilled out. "He was abusive, to say the least. He just wasn't the perfect role model for me, when it comes to father figures. Yet, he was the only person I've met that ever posed a father role in my life. I fear that due to that, I only know his ways - ways I don't want to replicate." He stopped talking after that, clearly not wanting to elaborate or say anymore.