CHAPTER 2

Edited ☑

JESSICA

In less than five minutes, I was sitting in the homeroom with my friends, Kathy being the best of them all. She is my best friend since we were three and knows me too well to hide anything from her. Her personality is somewhat same as mine. We both never care about what people think about us and we never judge each other. Instead, we judge people together.

Speaking of looks, Kathy has the cutest chubby face ever!!My best friend looks too cute with the big rimmed spectacles on her small face with those natural auburn curls. She looks good enough to make guys fall for her but Kathy is the last girl to have a boyfriend. She hates commitments.

"Earth to Jess!" Fiona, one of my friends said, waving her hand in front of my face.

I looked at the direction where my friends were looking to see Megan shamelessly flirting with one of Aaron's gang members and our friend, Skylar!

"I bet he likes her." Candice said.
Yeah one more friend of mine who jumps at conclusions too quickly.

" I think she's right." I said, "just look at him. He's gone as red as a tomato right now. And Megan can't just stop touching him."

Everyone started laughing and Megan suddenly backed away. Skylar was still blushing while Megan approached us whilst smoothening her skirt. A really short skirt I must add.

"Hey I didn't notice you guys coming." The brunette spoke in an excited voice.

"Because you were busy with exciting someone's manhoo..." Kathy began but I cut her off realising where this conversation was going.

"Umm... because you were busy talking to Skylar!" I quickly finished for Kathy.

"Ohh I was just chatting about holidays with him." Megan said with a sheepish look on her face.

Kathy snorted at her explaination.
Couldn't she keep shut?

"What happened Kath..."Megan started but was stopped by Ryan calling her name.

"Hey Meg, Aaron's been searching for you since he came." Ryan said.

Her face turned sour but then she quickly transformed it into a smile.

"Ohh thanks for telling me Ryan. I'll go and check on him later, tell him I'm with my friends right now." She replied.

"Ohh no Meg it's fine. You go with him. We're fine with it." Fiona said.
"Why don't you tell her Jess?"

"Yeah you can go. I don't want your meathead of a boyfriend coming here searching for his beloved girlfriend. I can't stand him near me." I said making a disgusted face.

"Neither can I sweetheart!" And we all turned back.
There he was! Aaron freaking Walker! Ahh! The nerve of this thing! I feel like scratching his bloody face to rub off that smirk!
-------*-------

AARON

"Neither can I sweetheart." I said, leaning on the door frame of the homeroom, smirking.

Looks like Mrs Austen was late to class.

They all turned back to face me. And I saw her, MEGAN! I immediately reached out to her and kissed her.

"God how much I missed this!" I said once she broke the kiss.

"I need to go and check on Lisa, she might be alone." Megan said and left to meet her best friend.
I felt disappointed but I didn't say anything.

Why did she leave like that?

Then I turned back to Jess who was busy writing something, clearly ignoring me.

"Missed me sweetheart?" I said flinging an arm around her shoulder. Yes, that would irritate her more. She gave a horrible expression at first and then suddenly her expression changed into a smile. Evil smile I must say. What was she going to do now?

"Yeah honey, I did. I missed you so so so much."she says outstretching her hand to show me how much she missed me. I stared at her blankly.

"In fact," she continued " I suggested Kathy about visiting a zoo since you were not here. Oh god Aaron, my monkey, I missed you so much. Wanna show some tricks to the audience?" She said, making an innocent face and mocking seriousness.

And to that, everyone, including my two best friends Ryan and Zach started laughing. I am speechless. What could I possibly say?

Damn you girl, one day I'm gonna give back a mighty blow.

"I'll wait for that" she said, taking a break from laughing.

Holy crap, did I say that loudly?

"Yes you totally did" she again replied, laughing on my face.

Oh god! Save me!

Thank god, I did not say this aloud.

Soon Mrs Austen entered and everyone settled on their seats, waiting for Mrs Austen to allot seats for the year. I took a seat beside Megan. She looked at me and I smiled at her but she didn't look happy.

"What happened Meg? Did I do something wrong?"I asked her.

She snapped her head towards me and said in a slow voice, " Really Ar? You kissed me in front of everyone. Can I know why?"

I looked at her, horrified.

"Because you are my girlfriend Meg!" I said. I mean, what the hell is wrong in that?

"Ohh really? But where were you since morning?" She pretended to think and then burst out, "Yeah maybe you were busy with something, maybe with someone? And who might that be? Oh your sweetheart I guess. I think that time you forgot you had a girlfriend."

I stared at her, my mouth hung open.

"I was searching for you since morning Megan and now I am the culprit?" I couldn't believe she was accusing me. "You did not even answer my calls damn it!" My voice got a little high.

"Aaron Walker. Do you mind getting up from that seat and take the one in the last, the one with Ms Jessica Williams?" Mrs Austen asked.

I got up from my seat, picked my bag up and settled on the last bench with Jess. She was looking straight ahead and did not look at me. Megan turned back gave a death glare to Jess and again turned back. The other students continued to swap seats as per the teacher's command.

"Woah! That was a terrible glare." She began but stopped as soon as she saw that I was in no mood for fun.

"Is there something wrong Ar?" She asked and I couldn't help but give in my tears.
-------*-------

A/N

Hello peeps. I know I'm not a big writer but plz plz do read this book. I swear I'll write nice and update soon.😊

Again, I'm a newbie so plz do recommend my book to ur frenz!😰

Till then, keep reading, keep voting!
And comment what uhh wanna say!

XOXO 😘🙌

Love 💋
Your author