CHAPTER 10

The chapter's been updated further. Please read it till the end.

JESSICA

"Guys do you think it'll work?" Aaron asked, looking a little suspicious.

"Of course duh!" Candice snorted, flailing her hands in the air.

"But I still suck at it." Aaron replied.

"Practice makes a man perfect." Fiona chimed in, giving a wide smile.

"Yeah right, after stepping on my legs five times in a row and letting me fall for the tenth time whilst doing a dip." Kathy said, rolling her eyes.

Apparently after Mrs Austen's class yesterday, we spent the rest of our day in the detention room where all Mr. Perry does is sleeps. We had a great discussion on 'Miss East Hampton'. It is a very prestigious event and people of all strata come to witness it. The beauty pageant is held every year in our school due to which only girls in senior year of our school can participate with their escorts.

We all were worried about Aaron. Megan was willing to take part in this competition but Aaron dances like a shivering monkey on a cold day!

So today we had planned in giving him some dance lessons which might come handy in this event as well as the masquerade ball.

"You change moves so quickly that I don't get enough time to sync myself with you." Aaron defended himself.

"You guys are so irritating to watch. Can't you just teach him properly Kathy?" I huffed.

"Why don't you teach him then?" Kathy smirked at me.

Was she challenging me? I can teach dancing. I mean, what harm could possibly that cause?

"Okay fine." I said. "I'll teach him."

"Oh thanks a lot." Kathy and Aaron said together.

I walked upto him and explained a few steps verbally and he kept nodding like a small six year old.

"Okay now let's practice. The ball dance first?" I asked.

"Yes. Anything you want sweetheart." He winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Now lets take the positions." I said.

He scooted closer to me and shiver ran down my spine as I felt a hand on my waist. Of course it was his.

There were butterflies fluttering in my stomach and goosebumps erupted on my skin. I had never been  so close to him ever before.

"Le...let's start?" I asked softly, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Yeah..." He breathed in my ear.

I put my left hand on his shoulder and he was holding my right hand in his.
We started moving slowly, matching beat with the music. My right foot came out with his perfectly and we retreated backwards with equal perfection. He then raised his hand and I spinned twice holding it, getting away from from him. He pulled me by my hand back to him and I collided on his hard chest. I turned backwards to look at him properly. He was already staring at me...
Those blue eyes...

We both kept staring for god knows how long but I just couldn't avert my gaze.

Jessica, He loves Megan...

I immediately let go of him and all our friends clapped in excitement.

"You did it!" Katherine cried.

"Bro, that was so mesmerising. We couldn't make out that you are a non dancer." Skylar said, giving him a high-five.

"Thank you." He said, "It was all because of her."