CHAPTER 3

Edited ☑

JESSICA

"Is there something wrong Ar?" I asked hoping to get an answer but to my surprise, tears started flowing from his eyes.

I turned myself to face him. Everyone was busy with their own work. Mrs Austen had still not finished with the seat allotment thing and Kathy, Candice, Fiona, Ryan and Zach were bickering amongst themselves, Megan was busy with Lisa and Jason was with Mrs Austen.

"Hey Ar? What happened? If you share your problem then only I may be able to help you." I said softly.

Aaron is a strong person and this was the first time I'd seen him cry. I know we both didn't go well together but there was no way I was gonna leave him alone with his problems like that.

He slowly turned towards me so that I could see his face clearly. His face was tear stained but still looked very nice.

Ohh! What the hell am I thinking! Focus Jess!

"Am I that bad?" He mumbled.

"What?" I asked, confused.

" The girl I love thinks I am not so perfect. She thinks that other guys are better than me." He said, hanging his head low.

Bitch Megan! And here I thought that she was atleast a little humane!

"It's not what you think Ar. I don't think she said anything seriously, she is a girl Aaron and sometimes we as girls feel the need to be pampered and boys often fail to understand that. I am not saying that you don't understand her feelings but I suggest you make her more happy instead of giving up like that. I'm sure she'll understand." I stopped to look at his reaction. He looked at me for a while and then his lips curved to form a smile.

A breathtaking smile...
What? Did I just think that?

And then, the smile took the form of a smirk!

"You can be reasonable sometimes." He said. " I mean I didn't know you had enough brains inside your pea-sized brain Williams!"

I rolled my eyes.
Atleast he was back to his original self.

"Yeah whatever." I said.

"Told ya that I'd be giving a mighty blow."
We both laughed at that.

And things had gotten better now.

-----*-----
The first day of school got over quickly and I reached for my locker to keep my books in. I noticed a note stuck on my locker from outside. Curiously I pulled that out and opened it. I immediately recognised the handwriting. It was Aaron's. If you ask how did I know then let me tell you, there's no way I can forget the handwriting of the person who went on sticking notes on my back saying 'I am mad ' or 'kick me' back in sixth grade!

I slowly unfolded the paper and read what was written on it-

Thank you for today ;D

I smiled looking at his words. Just four words but still it made me happy.

I wonder why? I mean it's just a thank you!

"Oh god Jess, I practically searched for you everywhere and here you are grinning like a maniac and that too at a piece of paper?"

I let out a surprised cry. I wasn't expecting anyone especially Jane because it was fifteen minutes past the official school time.

"So sorry"I said, "why were you looking for me?"

"Hurry up girl if you don't wanna miss the bus. And what's that in your hand?" She asked.

"Umm... it's nothing" I say smiling, and crumple the paper I my hand. "Let's go." I say, quickly slipping the note in my bag.

We headed towards the exit and finally boarded the bus.
------*------

AARON

A smile came creeping on my face when I saw Jess smiling at my note. She hadn't noticed me watching her from the classroom parallel to the lockers.

Why was I feeling so special? It's just a thank you, right?

I thought that I could personally thank her. I was about to come out of the hiding when a redhead came and dragged her out of the school. Maybe I could thank her properly tomorrow.

I sighed and made my way towards the exit.
-----*-----

Once I reached home, I looked for any calls or messages from Megan but there weren't any.

I think I had really hurt her very much.

I dialed her number for apologising and she picked it up
in the first ring.

"Finally you called. I've been waiting since I left the school." Megan said even before I could say anything.

My heart warmed up at that. She'd been waiting for my calls!

"Meg I'm sorry! I shouldn't have shouted on you like that." I apologised.

"It's fine honey! I did not mind it even a bit, I love you Aaron." She replied.

"I love you too Meg." My heart fluttered at her sentence.

"Are you going to the party Ryan's throwing?" She asked.

I remembered Zach mentioning about it where only a few friends and the girls were invited.

"Yes." I replied.

"Well can I come with you?",She asked.

How could I tell her that it was only for our friends? I know she's friends with Jess and Kathy but she's not their best friend.

"You'll get bored Megan. It's only a few friends of Ryan and the girls today."

"You don't worry about it. The girls are very good friend of mine. Jessica and I go well together.So it won't be a problem" She said.

"Okay then. I'll pick you up at seven."

"Okay. I'll hang up now. I need to get ready. Bye darling."

"Bye." With this she hung up.

I hoped my friends would not mind Megan coming with me.

I decided to brush my thoughts aside for a while and in no time, I dozed off to sleep.
-----*-----
A/N

Hello lovelies,
I hope you like this chapter. Party's in the next chapter, so keep calm and wait for the next update. And plz keep voting and commenting.😊😊

Time for some important stuffs!!

1. Plz do help me in selecting a good cast!

2. I haven't been able to find a good last name for Megan, so plz suggest me some good ones!

3. If anyone has good ideas about the book cover then plz do tell me!😌

And do read books by foxpup4ever! An amazing writer I must say

Love 💋💋
Your author