CHAPTER 7

JESSICA

"Wake up sleepyheads. Time for school."

I instantly opened my eyes.

"Mom?" I sqealed in joy.

"Yes honey I'm back." She said.

I jumped on her and hugged her as if my life depended on it!

"I'm staying the night before I go off to Manhattan tomorrow." She continued, "So we have a plenty of time after school. And by the way Mr. Arthur called. You missed school yesterday?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Umm...we could not wake up on time yesterday." I said, looking down at the floor to show my guilt on that subject.

"It's okay, now I must wake all my other kids up or else they'll sleep till the next sunrise." And with that she went towards Kathy to wake her up. But being the sleepyhead she was, she cursed under her breath and made herself more comfortable in the comforter.

"Katherine Ryder, get your ass out of that bed this second or else there is no way you're gonna get the chocolate cake I'm gonna bake." Mom said, in a commanding voice.

Damn! My mom was so dominating, but I loved this attitude!

Kathy instantly jumped off the bed.

"Alex? When did you come?" Kathy too hugged her so hard that I almost thought mom would get choked.

"When you were all snoring!" Mom said in 'duh' tone.

By now everyone was awake and talking to mom. I excused myself and got ready.
----*----

The day at school was pretty much boring. I almost slept in Calculus but Aaron was so irritating that every time I closed my eyes, he would come up with a doubt. Oh god! I was stuck with this idiot for the rest of the year and Mrs Austen was to be thanked!
And I surely couldn't miss Megan giving fake smiles every time she turned back.

The class got over soon and I left Aaron with Meg. They had a lot to catch up with. They had been apart for the whole day yesterday.

I made my way towards the cafeteria when I heard Ryan called me from behind. I turned to look at him.

"Hey", he said. "Heading towards the cafeteria?"

"Yup. You too?" I asked.

"Yes. Kathy's with Zach and Jason to take a test they missed yesterday, Aaron's with Megan, and the girls and Sky are out at Starbucks. Looks like we are the only one's left." He explained.

"No worries." I said, putting my bag down on the table, taking a seat on the chair.

"Do you want me to bring something to eat?" He asked.

"Nah! Not hungry." I said. I missed my friends already.

"Oh my god! Jessica Williams says no to food. Are you sick? Should we go to the nurse?" He asked, placing his palm on my forehead to check whether I have fever.

I rolled my eyes at him. So dramatic!

"No need to exaggerate drama queen."

"I'm not a queen. I'm a king." He huffed.

"No! You're a queen."

"No! I'm a king."

"No you're a king!"

"No! I'm a queen." Then his eyes grew wide with realisation.
I bursted out laughing. He got trapped in his own trap.

"You're so mean." He complained.