CHAPTER 8

JESSICA

It's been days since I'm ignoring Aaron. Whenever we all hangout, I never stay alone with him. Everyone got to know about the incident soon and they try their best to make me talk to him. He too tries to make an effort but I don't wanna talk to him right now. I know he's just supporting his girlfriend but I don't know why I'm quite disappointed.

Mom left for Manhattan the next day after we had a good mother daughter time together. So I'm all alone, at the house right now.

It was saturday and our school was off. Noticing the tension between me and Ar, everyone decided to get back to their houses for the night. So I was alone last night and probably will be the whole day today.

I was tucked inside my bed, watching a movie when my phone started ringing. It was Jason.

"Hey Jessie where are you?" He asked.

"Home" I replied.

"Good! We are going out for lunch, We'll be picking you up in fifteen, get ready." Before I could protest, he further continued,

"And I'll not take no for an answer. Or else I'm not giving you the chocolate I bought for you." He said casually.

They know how to bribe me!

"No no no no! I'll be ready in five!" I said quickly. "Where are we going?"

"Exotica"

"Oh wow! The one with the best of Sizzlers!" I chirped.

"Yes now hurry up girl, I'm coming to pick you up." And then he hung up.

I got up from my bed and opened my closet. I selected a pink crop top and a high waist jeans. I'm usually not a pink lover but this one was an elegant one. Plus I had something black on, my jeans.

Black is my life. I love that colour!

I brushed my hair and left them untied. My hair were naturally blonde and I loved them.

Grabbing my sling bag and phone, I hurried outside locking the door behind me. Just then I saw Jason's car arriving.

Good, he's just in time.

I opened the passenger door and got in to meet a cheery Jason.

"You got ready on time." He said, looking at his wrist watch. "And you deserve a gift for that." He pulled out an extra large bar of chocolate from his pocket. I snatched it from his hand and started gulping it.

"Thank you so much Jase, I love you so much." I said, mouth full of chocolate.

"Eat it first Jessie, it looks so gross when you talk while eating." He said.

"Hmph" I snorted while eating the whole bar of chocolate down.

The ride was short and in no time, we were at Exotica. I loved those hot sizzlers they served and maybe that's why we were here today. I got out of the car and followed Jason inside. Everyone including Aaron was sitting in a booth and I joined them. He did acknowledge my presence by muttering a meek hi but I chose to ignore it.

"Umm...so what you guys wanna eat?" Fiona said, trying to decrease the building tension in the air.

"Silly Fifi! I come here to eat only one thing..." I began but before I could continue, everyone chimed in.

"SIZZLER!" everyone was looking at us now but as if we cared. We all started laughing.

"Exactly" I said beaming with joy.

At the end we all settled on various kinds of sizzlers and steak. We were eating and chatting when Aaron's phone rang.

He excused himself and walked out. He took five minutes and then came back to eat.