CHAPTER 5

Edited ☑

JESSICA

"I'mma get your heart racing...In my skin-tight jeans...Be your teenage dream tonight...Let you put your hands on me...In my skin-tight jeans
Be your teenage dream tonight......"

Since when did Katy Perry started singing so bad? No wait, that wasn't Katy Perry but a voice very familiar to me.

I didn't realize that my eyes were still closed. I had barely slept last night and that too just because of these drunkards!

Urgh! last night was a mess!

I slowly opened my eyes to see Ryan and Zach, standing on my bed and singing 'Teenage dream' on the top of their lungs. They did not show any sign of a hangover. I got up from the couch to see the time.

Congratulations Jessica, you've officially bunked the second day of school along with this bunch of idiots.

"Shut up you morons. You don't forget to give me a headache." I shouted on them.

Gaining no response,I picked a cushion lying on the carpet at the base of the couch I was sitting on and aimed it at Zach.

"Ouch!"

Uh oh! I hit the wrong person!

"Get a grip Jessica! I'm trying to sleep here. FYI, I did not sleep last night." Aaron shouted, and yes the last sentence was for our dear friends.

"Me neither." I cried.

"For heaven's sake just stop being such cry babies guys." Candice said. "And now that we've officially bunked the second day of school, let's have some fun."

Everyone was looking at me and Aaron. Oh no! I didn't like where this was going. I couldn't handle eight drunk friends again. Yes, Megan included. She was still sleeping peacefully on the carpet. And so were Skylar and Jason.

"Party once again!" Everyone cried excitedly.

"I think I'll pass. I have good lot of sleep to catch up with. I'll join you guys later." I said.

"And that's the exact reason why we think you are a cry baby." Skylar said, getting off the carpet, rubbing the sleep off his eyes and kicking Jason in the process!

"Fuck off man! Can't you see I'm sleeping here Sky?" Jason yelped in pain.

"Look at that Snorlax, still sleeping." Fiona said pointing at Megan, making us burst in laughter. Yes we all watched pokemon till the end!

"And I swear I saw her eating the whole reasted chicken by herself last night." Candice butted in.

"That's my girlfriend you are talking about." Aaron dead panned. " I will not here a word against her."

"If that's the case, then I suggest you cover your ears Ar." I said glaring at him.

"Stop it you two. I want everyone getting ready right now so that we can go out for breakfast." Kathy said, and then in low voice, she added, "I'm not taking her out with us again So I suggest  Aaron to drop her off."

Surprisingly, everyone including Aaron agreed to this. He slowly woke Megan up and after bidding adios, he left with her.

"Aaron is coming back after dropping her off and now let's sleep till then." Ryan said, drowning himself in warmth of the comforter again.

Kathy tried to protest but slowly everyone fell asleep.
------*------

I woke up, half an hour later, to see everyone still sleeping. There were so many rooms but my friends always crashed in together. Crazy people!

I went downstairs into the kitchen and saw Aaron sleeping on the couch, with the television on as always. Switching off the TV, I wrapped my jacket around him and turned to leave. But he held my hand by the wrist and spoke softly,
" I'll try my best to be a perfect boyfriend...but please don't ever leave me...I love you..."

He was talking in his sleep. I could feel the hurt in his voice. He really wanted to make things work with Megan.

I kneeled down on both of my knees and and taking both his hands in mine, I said " Things will get better Aaron, I'm sure."

He smiled beautifully and I took it as my cue to leave.

------*------

AARON

I woke up, a very foul smell entering my nostrils. Pulling myself together, I got up and entered the kitchen to see everyone cleaning the kitchen Island and counter.

"Guys what are you doing?" I asked, scrunching up my nose due to the smell.

"Cleaning the mess because that's what happens when Katherine Ryder tries to make just a cup of coffee." Sky said.

Katherine immediately punched his arm.

"Ow! Could you please behave a little lady like?" Sky retorted.

"Yeah whatever." Kathy sorted.

"Guys I don't want you all to burn my house up while cooking, so let's just go out for breakfast." Jess said.

Everyone chuckled and went in different rooms to get ready. Kathy, Candice and Fiona disappeared into one room, Ryan, Zach and Jason in one and I along with Skylar and Jessica in hers.

I opened her closet to take my spare clothes out.

Yes, we all have our spare clothes at each other's place. We crash in at any place and have to go to school the next day.

Soon, we all left the house and decided to hang out at the McDonald's.

"So what's the plan for the day?" Zach asked. "Dude you wanna go out with Megan today?" He pointed out at me.

"No she said she has plans with Lisa today." I said, disappointed.

Till now Jess was busy munching her fries but then she suddenly said,
"Why don't we make plans too?" She was looking at Kathy with an evil smile.

"Yes, were totally gonna make one." Candice and Kathy said in unison.

And all the girls looked evilly at us.

"Woah girls you all are scaring us. Care to tell us about the plan?"

"We are gonna finish eating and then we go for shopping and we buy clothes for the masquerade ball for all of us." Fiona said.

"Oh no my dear Fifi, we are so not shopping.", Ryan said nodding his head in disapproval.

Kathy calmly got up, kept her hands on the table and leaning closer to Ryan said, "We all know how well you look Ry, and if you wanna come out of your Zombie look once, then you need to dress yourself up decently."
Saying this, she sat back on her chair again and started sipping her coffee again, maintaining her calm composure.

Ryan's face was so red with embarrasment that we all burst out laughing. No one could ever refuse these girls. And the one who tried, would end up with the same fate as Ryan.

I sighed. Today's gonna be a long long day.

----*----

A/N

Hey guys. Sorry I took a long time to update. This was just a filler chapter. I'll try and update soon irrespective of my exams!😊

Regarding the story, what do you think of Ryan and Kathy?
Do let me know, I read every comment and reapond to it. Do vote and comment and hold on to the story.

If anyone wants me to mention his/her book for suggestion, then do private message me and the next chapter will be on your name.

Thank you for reading.

Love 💋💋
Your author