Your life was on the line

You couldn't believe it. He was right there in front of your eyes and you didn't believe it. He had to be a figment of your imagination. It had to be like Heather. He wouldn't come back for you. You didn't think he wanted to come back to you.

He was packing your stuff up now. He had brought his own bag to pack things in.

You just stood here in awe. You had no words and only thoughts ran through your mind. He wanted you to run away with him.

" I can't JD. " You say to him. You slowly walk to your bed again and pick up the phone. You quickly start to dial 911. But, his hands grab your arm and he yanks you away. You feel the cold metal of a gun hit the side of your head.  He was holding you up against him.

" You have no choice. " He said and wrapped his arm over you. The gun still by your head. His hand was shaking and you could feel it as the gun shook as well.

" Jason. " You say quietly. You never called him by his real name. " My Bonnie and Clyde days are over. It's been a month... I just want to be normal. "

  " Sooner or later the cops are gonna catch on to what happened with Kurt and Ram. You can't hide forever! We're running away! We can be together! " JD said quickly as he pulled you to your closet slowly. You shakily pulled some clothes off of the hangers.

" I love you. I do. " You say quietly. " But, I can't. We have no plan! "

" I have a plan. " He said quietly.

" Look, Jason. Set down the gun and let me pack some things. Alright... " You say. You knew something was extra wrong with him. You just needed him to calm down.

You felt him slowly release you but he was still holding the gun. He had it pointed right at you. You start to pack up clothes and food from your snack stash. Just things you needed mostly.

You finish and look back at him. " Promise me something. " You say to him and grip the side of your skirt. " Promise me that I won't ever see you kill again, because if I do I promise that you will not make it out alive. " You say threateningly to him. You could hear him laugh slightly.

" Come on, darling. I was meant to be yours. " he said. Damn anything he said was poetic as shit. You grab your bags and he takes one from you.

" If you try to escape or be sly... Then you're dead. " he said and put his gun away. Both of their lives were on the line because of each other. This wasn't healthy. This was going to be hell and you couldn't escape.

You both got out and into his dad's car. You were laying down on your seat and cuddled up in his jacket and another blanket. You were freezing.

You had no choice and at this point you didn't know if this was what you wanted either. You didn't know if you truly wanted to be here or not. All you actually knew was that you were afraid to die.

You look over at JD. He was driving quickly down the road. It was so silent in the car that you could almost hear your own hearts beating.

You reach into his coat pocket and take out his pack of cigarettes. You light one and roll down the window. You watch the smoke trail out of your mouth in the mirror. You laugh slowly and flick it to her off the remaining ash.

You look back over at JD. You could see all the shadows on his face. He looked so tired and paler than usual. You flick the cigarette out the window after taking another drag. You then roll up the window and slowly lean against his arm. You watch as you pull into the highway.

" So, where are we going? " You ask and look up at him.

" Westfield, Pennsylvania. It's where my dad was planning to go next. We already have a house there we can stay in until my dad moves here. Then we both have to be on the run again but we can figure it out. " He said and then grabbed your hand.

" I don't know how we're going to do this. I haven't finished high school so I can't get many jobs. " You say to him. " I wanted to be a writer. "

" We can get you in the high school there by a different name or something... " he said. " We need to stop and get gas. "

You just nod and move away from him. You lean your seat back and close your eyes.

  Blissful sleep.