Departure

Courtney's POV

I was walking across the camp ground when Harold threw poop covered underwear at me.

"Ew! Harold you are so totally gross!" I walked away as he shouted after me, claiming it wasn't him. How has he lasted this long. The only person I can't stand more than him is Duncan. Speaking of Duncan I haven't been able to get him out of my head since I had that dream about him. What is wrong with me?

I was pushed out of my thought when Chef's voice came over the loud speaker. Uh oh. It looks like we were in for a treat today. And by treat, I mean a series of painful challenges.

Duncan's POV

Who put General Crazy in charge? My arms were starting to get tired pretty quick after we lifted the canoe up. Luckily the bugging Harold portion of today distracted me from everything. The second part of the challenge was rather...rough but hey, I've eaten worse in juvie.

I walked over to Harold with a cup of kitchen grease. Sometimes it's just too easy to mess with him. After he spat out the "apple juice", Princess came over and started nagging me. To be honest I was rather amused.

"You guys are so immature!" she yelled.

"Look, I know you like me," I said, smirking. "He knows it. Everyone knows it! So here's a tip. I might let you kiss me."

"And to think I actually thought you were nice," she scoffed. Well fuck. There goes my cover.

"Me, nice?" I asked, silently shushing her. "Haha, as if."

"Why'd you think that?" Geoff asked, biting into a piece of moldy bread.

"Ugh, whatever," she said. "He's just as ruthless as he wants you to believe he is. Enjoy your garbage!" She stormed off to sit alone.

"Haha," I laughed nervously.

The next thing I know, we were dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Of course, Chef made us do it. I got sick after dancing for an hour, so I turned off the music.

"Duncan what do you think you're doing?" Courtney asked from where she was standing next to Geoff.

"BOY! YOU GET OVER HERE RIGHT now!" Chef Crazy yelled at me.

"You said we can give up when ever!" Hey the man has to stick to his word.

"WE'RE DONE WHEN I SAY WE'RE DONE! NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!"

Courtney's POV

"Your next task is to complete a 300 word essay about how much you love me." Piece if cake, I thought. If it wasn't for the fact that it was 3am, I would have done so much better than I did. Whatever, it's not like it will go in my college portfolios.

"This is just one sentence with five pages of very between!" I heard Chef yell.

"It's 300 words exact. You can count it if you want." Duncan. I should have known. I decided to ignore it, but the next thing I know, Chef is threatening him with laps around the camp.

"No thanks," I said, dragging him away. "He's going straight to bed aren't you." I narrowed my eyes at Duncan. "What are you trying to do get eliminated?" Wait, why do I care?

As if he read my mind, Duncan responded with "I didn't think you cared."

"I don't. I just don't want to lose this challenge, so suck it up and do what you're told for once, okay?" I stormed off, irritated.

Duncan's POV

An obstacle course. Perfect.

"If you lose this for us I will make you so miserable," Courtney threatened. Damn, the way her nose scrunched up was kind of cute.