Too Close

Barry wasn't going to let her go that easily. No matter what Earth or timeline he was on, he knew his girl. If he could light the fire within her, get her to that level of irritation, then he would. But, deep down, he knew that no matter what Earth or timeline that we were in, she was unable to do so. Some part of her was always going to love him. He knew that much. 

To awake the buried love within her, he decided to use his work resources to find her job. Words couldn't describe the utter shock when he discovered she worked as an ASL teacher at a high school on the outskirts of the city. He couldn't believe her serving as a teacher, let alone not have been arrested for hitting one of the teenagers. 

Every day, for two weeks, Barry sent different gifts to her. With his mother's aid, he 'remembered' gifts or things Parker used to enjoy. He sent her chocolate covered almonds for three days straight, until the third day came along and the woman at the office counter passed him a note. 

Barry Allen,
I appreciate the gifts, I truly do... However, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm in great shape. It's because my monsters eat the chocolate in the house before I can get to it. Keep sending me chocolate and I'll look like a whale pretty soon. 
Listen, all these gifts aren't going to change my mind. I  don't believe we should rekindle our relationship. To dive back in would be difficult, for both of us. Even seeing you is painful, Barry. I'm not proud of what I did to you. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because I have to ask you one last time, Barry, please leave me alone. 

So, Barry did the exact opposite. Instead of chocolate, he sent a fruit basket. He then sent a blanket with a fox, her favorite animal, sewn in the center. This went on for days. Two weeks later, Parker decided it was time to face him. 

It was always at 6:40 in the morning when Barry arrived in the office to deliver his gifts. The day that Parker appeared, he sheepishly smiled at her. 

"Barry," she sighed. 

He didn't answer, simply immersed in her look. She wore a simple black skirt, a maroon blouse, and black wedges. She left her long hair in a loose ponytail down her back. For once, she wasn't wearing her glasses, which made her lose the menacing look in her eye. She simply looked annoyed. 

"It is 6:40 in the morning--"

"And never too early to open a present," interrupted Barry, stretching the gift to her. 

Parker glared at his hand. 

"I'll make you a deal," he offered. 

"Speak."

"If you can tell me you don't like this gift, I'll leave here and fulfill your wish and you'll never see me again."

"And if I do like it?" she asked hesitantly. 

Barry bit his lip. "Date. A date. I'll take you out, and we spend two hours together. Dinner and a movie. Well, wait, a movie would be two hours. Maybe--"

"Dinner," she interrupted. "We'll do dinner, if I like this gift. One date, Barry, then this has to be over."

"Deal," he agreed. 

Parker held her hand out for the gift. He slid it into her hands. She turned to face the desk. He patiently waited, crossing his wrists against his abdomen. He had no worries. It turned out, in this timeline, Parker still held musical theater close to her heart. 

"Ms. Sylas?" wondered one receptionist.

"What's the gift today?" asked the other. 

The pain in her voice was clear when she mumbled, "My favorite musical of all time was always tied between Mamma Mia! and Wicked," to the eager ladies. 

"The important question now is: do you like it?" asked Barry, though he was sure he already knew the answer. 

Parker turned and rested her bottom against the desk. She crossed her arms over her chest, her brow crinkled, her head tilted. She stared up at him, examining him. 

"You've got your teacher disappointment gaze down," he joked. 

"What's your play here, Barry?" she asked; her tone far from a joke. "What made you find me? What makes you want to see me so bad, after six years?"

His reason was simple: "I miss you."