A Familiar Feeling

Central City

The decided plan was to travel back to 1951, to Oregon, where the Dominators were last seen, and capture one. Nate, Mick, Amara, Cisco, and Felicity traveled back in time to do so. 

Meanwhile, the President wanted to speak with the remaining members of the conjoined heroes, which prompted Sara, Ray, Oliver, Kara, and Barry to ready themselves to leave for the rendezvous. Barry was in the midst of calling Caitlin to drive over and take Melody. 

"Don't bother; Kara's staying behind," said Oliver as he walked past Barry, bow gripped a little too tightly in his hand. "Come on."

Barry reacted similar to the famed Mr. Krab meme. He asked, "What, why?" 

An answer didn't come from Oliver. He said a quiet word to Ray, already dressed in the A.T.O.M suit, then the two were flying off into the air to get a head start on the rendezvous with the President. 

Aggressive stomping alerted Barry to Kara. Her eyebrows were almost indistinguishable by how deep her forehead was crinkled in complete anger. She said no words to Barry when she approached. She scooped Melody from the floor and stomped away again, having no reaction to Barry's squeak of worry. He was terrified, for a moment, that Kara would accidentally use her strength and crush his baby. 

Kara didn't bother walking. She floated through the air aimlessly, holding Melody carefully in her arms. She twirled, levitated up and down-- entertained Melody, who was having the actual time of her life while in flight. She didn't understand the situation, though it was the last of her worries. She couldn't stop muttering happy words of absolute nonsense. 

Barry watched with intense care, terrified. He vowed to never run with Melody once she grew older, nor would he ever, in case it would do something to her health, or, worse, generate the Speed Force inside of her. 

"She might be an aberration, but your love for her is real," muttered Sara. 

Barry shook his head. "She is real."

Sara huffed a slight, "Uh-huh."

I trust Kara, he told himself in his head. My only child, my only tie to my late wife, the love of my life is perfectly safe with an alien from Earth-38.

"Right. Right, okay, we'd better go," decided Barry. If he watched any longer, he wouldn't be able to depart. 

"Diggle said the last time you did this to him, he puked," said Sara.

Barry shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed her by the neck carefully, then told her to hold her breath. When she inhaled, he took off through the streets of Central City. 

Sara didn't have much of a reaction when they came out of the Speed Force. She wobbled, but that was the extent. She looked around, then asked, "Where's the President?"

"She's late," said Oliver. 

"Well, you gotta figure she's got a lot on her plate, with the whole Alien Invasion thing," defended Ray thoughtfully. 

"And her Predecessor getting killed," added Sara.

Barry nudged Oliver. "Hey, what'd you say to Kara earlier? She seemed pretty angry. I didn't know she was capable of being angry."