Learning To Live Again

Parker, for once, was awakened by the sunlight blinding her eyes rather than her children, or Barry, barging into her bedroom. Confused, she rolled from bed and padded softly through the halls of her apartment. She peaked into her children's rooms, finding them both fast asleep.

Hurriedly, she sprinted into the kitchen to cook and eat the rest of the bacon before her kids could ask for it. When she entered, she found the bacon already cooked and on display for her. Across from it, Barry Allen was reading the newspaper. 

"Good morning," she said kindly. 

Barry lowered the newspaper. A piece of bacon hung between his teeth. He swallowed, then said, "Oh, hey. I didn't expect you to be up for a few more hours, to be honest."

"Is that why you were eating my bacon?" wondered Parker, snatching a few pieces for herself. 

"Maybe," teased Barry. "So, listen: I have an important matter to speak to you about."

"I'm all ears," encouraged Parker. 

Barry scratched his neck, lowering his eyes from hers. Timidly, he mumbled, "I want to tell them."

"Evee, Nate," breathed Parker deeply, impersonating Darth Vader. "Barry is your father."

"Parker," begged Barry.

She threw her head back with laughter. 

"I-I know it's only been three months, but last night, I was putting Evelyn to bed and she asked why I'm around instead of their father. I just think--"

"Barry, hush. Geez. I don't care if you want to tell them," interrupted Parker. 

He widened his eyes. "Really?"

"I don't see why we should continue to avoid the topic. You're around for good, aren't you?" asked Parker. 

Barry's worried frown turned into a smile. "Yeah. Yeah, I am."

"All right. Then, go wake your kids up," she said. 

"When did they become mine?" teased Barry. 

"About twenty seconds ago."

Parker heard Barry's chuckling as he left the kitchen. She quieted her chewing to listen to Barry playfully awaken their babies.

"Good morning, Vietnam!" he shouted, throwing open both doors simultaneously. 

"Great movie," sighed Parker.

"What's Vietnam?" she heard Nathan ask.

"It's not nam, it's nam. Like damn."

"Barry!" yelled Parker. 

"Which is a way to keep water inside a lake. Or something," covered Barry quickly. He paused. "So, who wants to go to breakfast at my house?"

Enthusiastic cheers were given by both children, who had leaped from their beds to jump around Barry. He settled them within a few minutes, encouraging them to ready themselves for the day. Already dressed and ready, he supervised the children so Parker had one less thing to do. 

"You're a Saint," praised Parker when she approached him. "It's been years since I was able to get ready without peepers."

Parker nudged her hand into his when she slid by. For a brief second, he took a hold of her hand, but it was over when she continued to walk into her bedroom. She leaned in between the door and the frame. 

"You might have one," he flirted. 

"Yeah?" asked Parker seductively. 

Barry smirked.