Chap. 7 Good Thinking

Adele's POV
"Sophie I'm so sorry that this happened to you, I'm going to do everything I can to get us out of this situation." God I feel so bad. Here I am crammed into a fucking box with Sophie, who had done absolutely nothing but try to save me.

"Um, that's great and all, but I don't really know who you are." Sophie said.

"Haha. That's really funny Sophie." I said dryly. "While I appreciate your attempt at humor, this isn't the time." Why was she doing this? Couldn't Sophie see that it just wasn't the time?

"I'm not kidding. I think something happened to me where I lost my memory, but I really don't know who you are. I'm sorry if you're upset, but that's the truth."

"Well, um, my name is Adele Adkins. I'm a singer and we are at one of my venues for a concert. The first man, or Peter, was my bodyguard. The second was Gabe, or Mr. 21 to my fans. Apparently we have been kidnapped for some scheme of theirs, but I don't know where you fit into this yet. Unfortunately, there is a lot they could do with me." That was kind of weird, as I rarely have to introduce myself to people anymore, especially people who mere hours ago were crying because of my presence.

"I know your name from somewhere, but I just can't remember!" Sophie said, obviously getting a little frustrated with herself.

"Hey it's ok. You don't have to be upset. We will find a way to get your memories restored, and in the mean time just know that if we work together we'll find a way out."

"Wow, that was actually really calming. Anyways, do you have a plan for how we can get out of here?"

"Actually, yeah. There is a latch right around here," I said, feeling for the inner emergency latch, " that allows you to open the box from the inside. I would have pulled mine earlier, but I didn't know where you were so I decided to just wait." I pulled on the latch, and a slit of light poured through in a line around the box. Putting my feet to one side, I pushed and the two halves split apart from each other. We both toppled to the floor, scrambling about trying to get up.

"Wait," Sophie said, "I'll untie your bonds and then you can untie mine." She awkwardly scooted her way across the floor to where I was and managed to untie them with her hands still bound. I flexed my wrists a bit, trying to get the blood flow going again. Then I untied Sophie's bonds and we exchanged a quick high five. We got up, slowly walking towards the door, trying not to make any noise. I reached out for the doorknob, when Sophie's hand shot out and grabbed mine.

"Wait," she whispered, and then scurried around the room, picking things up. First she grabbed the ropes that bound our wrists. Then she found a baseball bat in a random box and she handed me a baton that a security guard would carry. "Just in case," she said. I like how she always thinks of something to give us the upper hand, or at least something to protect ourselves.

"Good thinking," I whispered, trying to give an encouraging smile with it. Sophie put her hand on the doorknob, and this time it was me who stopped her. "Wait, I should go first, I'm the one who got us into this mess." Sophie looked reluctant, but did take her hand away and stepped backwards to make room for me. For the second time I put my hand on the doorknob. I turned the doorknob slowly, trying to gauge whether or not it would squeak. When it was a few inches open, I slowly stuck my head out, and looked down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys. I'm currently totally in love with DayDweamer and her Lingerie story. Go check it out, it's amazing.