Chap. 10

Adele's POV
Shoot! How did he find us so fast? I looked at Sophie, who was trying to figure what to do. I was about to call out come back later when Sophie started moaning really loudly. "Oh yeah Zack, yes, right there baby." My eyes went wide when I realized what she was doing. Sophie was pretending that it wasn't us in this room, but a couple doing the you-know-what. So I had to join in as "Zack."

Lowering my voice, I said, "You like that baby? You like that?"

"Oh yeah."

"All for you baby, all for you."

Then, we hear from outside the hall, "I'll um, I'll just come back later." Sophie and I waited a few seconds, then I went and looked through the peephole. Peter wasn't outside the door, so I opened it and looked out into an empty hallway. I can't believe that even worked.

"How did you even think of that, Sophie?" I ask, turning back towards her. "Who knew your mind even thought like that!"

"I have no idea. I kinda just thought what would a maid not want to come into."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but that wasn't an ordinary maid. That was Peter. He somehow found us, but thanks to your quick thinking, he was scared off. We have to leave though, and leave quickly before he comes back." We started packing up what little we had with us, and then we were off. First we went to Target and completely outfitted ourselves. We each got new phones, new cases, new clothes, water bottles, snacks, backpacks, sleeping bags, basically anything that we would need to survive on the run. Then we went to a different hotel. I had to find out if the media was reporting anything, and we needed to sort through our stuff. After all of this, it was around 6 pm, and I realized that I was supposed to have a concert tonight. "Sophie, I'm supposed to be going onstage in about an hour and a half."

"Um, you obviously cannot go anywhere near the arena. They are going to expect you there and you would be easy pickings to capture again. People know that something happened at the concert last night, I think they would understand if you weren't there tonight."

"I suppose," I answered glumly, "but I hate to disappoint everyone. Maybe I can send out a tweet?"

"I guess," Sophie said, "but make it as vague as possible."

So I tweeted out, "Hello everyone. Unfortunately I cannot attend my concert tonight due to some unforeseen circumstances. I will do my best to reschedule if possible. xx A"