Chapter 1:Well, that's news.

Hey everyone! So this is my first book i've ever written on wattpad so give me a break! So hope you all enjoy!

I dedicated this chapter to coraltear! She is an amazing writer! Her book Running With The Wave is absoulutely amazing! You should read it

On the side is a picture of Courtney

Chapter 1: Well, that's news

Can the time pass any slower? I think to myself, trying to suppress the urge to run out of this class. It's the last period before the weekend and in all honesty I love English, but today it wasn't doing anything for me. Mrs. Fisher has been going on and on about Macbeth for the whole period. Talk about boring.

I start to twirl my blonde hair and dart my grey eyes around the room. Apparently that was the most interesting thing I can think of doing. I glance at the clock again. Only one minute has passed. Only! Ten minutes left. I want to scream in frustration.

"Courtney! What does Macbeth ask of Banquo at the beginning of Act two?" Mrs. Fisher asks.

Upon hearing my name, I sit up straighter. "Uh, what?"

"I said, what does Macbeth ask of Barquo at the beginning of Act two?"

"Umm, Macbeth he asks umm, that person to support him in doing something..." I stammer, searching my brain for the answer. 

"Courntey, do you want a detention?" Mrs. Fisher asks, her eyes glaring at me.

"Uh, not really."

"Well then sharpen up and start focusing on the book."

"Will do." I mumble, rolling my eyes at her once she turns away.

"So, the right answer to that question is, Macbeth asks Barquo to support him in fulfilling the prophesies."

"Close enough," I mutter under my breath. Teachers these days were so picky.

I zone out again and start doodling in my notebook, hoping that this would somehow make the time pass by faster  Ten minutes later, the bell finally rings. I get up and run out of the class faster than anyone else. I walk to my locker and put everything I would need this weekend in my bag.

Luckily this weekend I didn't have an outrageous amount of homework. Just a project, two tests and a couple sheets of homework.

Once I get everything in my bag, I close my locker door and lean against it, waiting for my best friend Alison. She was so slow, probably talking to some wannabes. Alison is relatively popular so she has to deal with people who adore her and never leave her alone.

A couple minutes later,  I see Alison walk towards her locker which, lucky enough is right beside mine.

Alison is gorgeous. She has shiny brown hair, brown eyes and a dazzling smile. She's what every girl wants to look like and what every guy wants to call "his girl."

"Hello hun!" Alison smiles.

"Hey!" I smile back, turning my body to face her.

"How was english?" She asks.

"English was so boring today. I thought I might of died!"

"Oh I'm sure it couldn't have been as bad as my history class. Mr. Smith kept going on and on about our lack of work ethic. He just wouldn't shut up!"

"Sucks to be you!" I smile, knowing how frustrating he could be, having had had him as a teacher last year.

"I know, it's terrible." She laughs as she turns away from me to grab her bag, when some jerk comes up from behind and smacks her butt.