Chapter 10-Don't you dare...

Here is another chapter!

Thanks to everyone who has read this :) It means a lot!

Chapter 10

'What shall I wear today?' I think. I’m standing in front of my closet. My blonde hair is straightened to perfection and tied in a perfect high ponytail. I have to admit I’m looking fine.

I continue to look through my closet, looking for the perfect outfit. My eyes wonder through all my options when they finally land on a white flowing summer dress that goes mid-thigh. I grab it and my jean vest, quickly pulling them on. I glance at my reflection and smile, feeling a wave of self-confidence wash over me.

I grab my black booties, slipping them on as I run down the stairs.

"Hi sweetie! How are you?" My mom asks, pouring out her coffee and making her toast.

"Tired," I mumble, trying to hide my yawn. It had been exactly ten when I got home and of course I didn't want to go to sleep, so I stayed up on Tumblr. Bad mistake. I spent three hours on, making it one o’clock when I logged off. This morning I had woken up at six thirty so I could get ready for school. Therefore I am exhausted and want to be anything but awake.

"Want some coffee?" My mom asks.

"Yes, please." 

My mom grabs a mug out of the cupboard and pours me a coffee. We are quiet for a moment, then my mom asks, "So... any reason in particular that you look so nice today? A boy maybe?"

I stick my tongue out at her, blushing, "Nah, just felt like looking good today."

"Right..." My mom smiles. She obviously doesn’t believe me. Oh well, you can’t please everyone.

We once again loop back into a comfortable silence. Only the sounds of eating toast and drinking coffee can be heard.

"That must be Rachel," I say groggily. I slowly get up and walk to the door. I open it and standing in front of me is a beaming Rachel.

“Hey Rach,” I yawn. I’m tempted to rub my eyes, but the thought of ruining my eyeliner stops me.

“Hey Courtney! My you look...exhausted.” She answers. 

“That wasn’t exactly the words I was looking for,” I frown, upset. I had worked hard on the look I was wearing today. 

“Oh. Right. You look great, it’s just that you look more exhausted than anything.”

“It’s not my fault that I’m the girl playing Jake’s heart! I have to at least look somewhat hot. Therefore I had to wake up way too early to get ready!” I say defensively, wishing I hadn’t stayed up late last night.

Rachel lets out a laugh. “True. The fresh air outside will probably help wake you up.”

I nod my head. I shout a goodbye to my mom and then head out the door. The cool fresh air hits me. A shiver runs through me, but I’m glad. The colder it is, the more awake I’ll be when I get to school.

“So,” Rachel starts. “I know that you know that Jake is a player and I also know that you know how to deal with players, sort of. Anyway I just want to give you a...pep talk. I guess you can call it a pep talk,” She rambles.  

“Just get to the point,” I sigh. I don’t mean to sound impatient, but I’m a mix of tired and annoyed that I have to start acting civil around Jake. 

“Umm, okay. So, for one thing, Jake definitely has his eyes on you and he won’t give up  until he gets what he wants. That-”

“Joy to the world!” I interrupt sarcastically. If this is Rachel’s idea of a “pep talk” she really needs to get a dictionary. Rachel shoots me a steely look that clearly states, “Shut the hell up.” I automatically shut my mouth, afraid of what the consequences would be if I don’t.