Chapter one

Judah shivered under his thin blanket. The frozen concrete beneath his small body seeped into his pale skin. His stomach growled in hunger but Judah ignored it. He wouldn't be getting any food until day break. Judah unclenched his frozen fist and touched his bare thigh. Many scars decorated his skin there. Some unwanted and others...
       Judah sat up and shook his head. He didn't want to think about that. He wanted to sleep. He laid back down, behind the dumpster. He was used to the smell and rodents by now. His make-shift home has been here for years.
       Judah finally allowed his green eyes to shut as he yawned exhausted.
                                  ~*~
       Pain in his stomach woke Judah from his restless sleep. He pried his dry tung from the roof of his mouth and stood on weak legs. His bare feet padded silently as he made his way to the bakery. The owner, Mr. Sanders, usually left Judah something to eat. Usually a piece of bread and some grape jam. Not much but it made the stomach pains go away.
      He knocked twice as a 'thank you' and grabbed the small bag. He smiled in delight at the two pieces of bread smeared in jam. Judah took small bites as he headed to the park.
        Judah needed to wash. No one was usually there this early so he could drink his fill and wash himself from the faucet. Judah was just slipping his grey hoodie over his damp curls when the door opened.
        Judah quickly grabbed his food and locked himself in one of the many stalls. The man whistled softly as he did his business and washed his hands. Judah waited until he heard the click of the out side door before letting out a sigh of relief. He didn't want anything bad to happen. Not like last time.
       "Don't think about that, Judah." Judah mumbled to himself and washed his face before leaving. He pulled his dirty hoodie down as the cold air touched his thighs. The air whistled softly as it swayed through his brown curls.
       It was peaceful today. Not many people walked the streets, and the few that did, payed no attention to the homeless boy. Judah smiled as a young girl raced by. Judah missed being little. He missed when someone loved and cared for him. 
        Judah sighed sadly and shivered in the cold. He pressed forward even though his legs were protesting. He needed to get 'home' before he collapsed. He reached his hideout and slumped against the wall. He was weeping in short gasps. His asthma was getting worst as he grew weaker.
        Several minutes passed until his breathing was under control. Judah laid on the cold concrete and wrapped himself in the thin blanket. He needed a nap.

I'll be posting the next chapter soon. Thank you berry much. Bye bye.