Chapter Nine

Westly
      I hesitated on waking the boy but it was past noon already. Alex was coming over in less than an hour and I didn't want to overwhelm Judah.
      "Judah, love. You need to wake up. It past noon and Alex is coming to see you." I gently shook his shoulder before pulling the blankets off his small body. The whimper that left his lips almost made me leave him asleep.
      "Judah you have the count of three before I pick you up... One... Two... Two in a half... Three..." I let out a soft sigh before picking him up. He immediantly wrapped his legs around my hips and nuzzled his face into my chest. I'd be lying if I said my face didn't get red.
      "Do you want breakfast hun? Alex and Max are coming by and I was thinking about going to IHOP for a late breakfast. What do you think?" My free hand went to his curls as I headed down the stair. Careful not to jostle the boy. He was still sick but he seemed to be feeling a bit better today.
     "Nu cawe." I smiled at the soft slurr of his speech and bounced him in my hold slightly. His soft giggle made my smile grow.
      "IHOP it is." Judah flinched in my arms as loud knocking was heard. It seemed any loud noise scared the poor boy. I'll have to remember that. "It's just Max and Alex, hun. You're safe." I waited until his body went lax in my arms before opening the front door.
       "Hiya unca Wes!" Alex leaned over and kissed my cheek leaving slobber behind before going back to playing with his dads beard. Max was stoic as ever but it broke when his black eyes landed on Judah.
       "You still have it?" I glared at him and gritted my teeth.
       "His name is Judah and yes I still have him. And he isn't going anywhere." Judah's small fist gripped my shirt tightly as his body began to tremble. Max scared him a lot which didn't suprise me. He can be an uptight asshole sometimes.
       My brother shrugged and moved past me to the kitchen. "We going out?" I nodded in responce before heading back upstairs to get Judah dressed. He can't just go outside in an oversized hoodie.
       "Sit here, love. Im going to find you some cloths. Okay?" Judah nodded and rubbed his face as I walked into my closet. I pulled down one of my button down shirts that is too small and some skinny jeans from my teenage years. Hopefully they fit him.
      "Arms up." Judah shook his head and reached for the cloths. "Judah, love. Its okay. I just want to help and I've already seen some of your scars." I crouched infront of him and gently placed a kiss over a bundle of scars that littered his thigh. "They make you who you are. And you, little one, are an amazing and smart little boy. Do you understand?" I smiled as tears flushed his green eyes before he nodded.
      As I dressed him I was quick to kiss the many scars that marred the angelic boy. I so desperatly wanted to know how he got them but I was a patient man and he'd tell me when he was ready.
       "Lets go get some waffles." Judah giggled and reached for me. I picked him up quickly and led our way out of my two story house with my brother and nephew in tow.