chapter four

Westley wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. His heart was beating quickly as Judah brought himself closer. "Warm." One word was said but Westley heard the gratitude behind it.
     Westley began walking towards the outside door when Alexander's voice was heard. "Papa where Jewy? Why she chwase boy?" Westley opened the door and walked out with the pitbul on his heels.
     As Westley walked to his brother and nephew Judah's breathing became noticeable. It was shallow and wet. Westley frowned as he pressed his lips to Judah's pale forehead. 
     "You have a fever, love." Judah shrugged and spoke softly.
     "It'll pass. It always does." Alex ran up to his lost pup and giggled as she ran her tung across his chubby cheeks.
     "Is he okay Wes?" His brothers deep voice made Judah's small body tense.
     "He's fine, Max. Let's go home." Judah weakly pushed at Westley's chest. 
     "L-let m-me go." Westley just shook his head and kept walking.
     "Uncew Wes why boy comin' with us?" Westley looked between the two small boys and sighed.
     "He has no home, Al. No family, food, or water. He needs someone to care for him... Just like you need your papa." Silence settles between all of them all.
     I just kidnapped a homeless boy...
                             Judah
     Judah refused to let Westley go. They were by a very nice truck, but everything looked nice to Judah. Considering his 'home' used to be behind a dumpster.
     "Come on Judah. If you let me go, I'll sit next to you. Okay?" Judah loosened his hold and nodded. Westley sighed in relief and sat Judah next to Alex's booster seat.
     Alex climbed into his seat and let Max buckle him in as Westley hopped in next to Judah. A small smile molded across Judah's face as Westley buckled him up.
     "We will be home soon. Sleep, love." Judah layed his aching head on the older man's shoulder, falling asleep.
      Home... I like the sound of that.
                           Westley.
     Westley stroked Judah's fevered cheek as the boy slept soundly. The ride home was quiet besides the radio and Judah's wheezing. No one spoke about the boy they were taking home or how Westley's heart was betraying him.
     As the truck pulled into his driveway, he began unbuckling the sleeping boy. Alexander was nodding off as well, fighting to stay awake as long as he could.
     Westley leaned over Judah and kissed his nephews head before climbing out of Max's truck with Judah on his hip.
     "Call me in the mornin' Wes." He nodded towards his brother and shut the door as softly as he could. He watched the red truck drive away before he unlocked his two story home.