Chapter 2

Seventeen days ago my daddy announced his royal decree to the student body. People have been little edgy since then, and someone has been spying on everyone. I watched one of the School of Secrets video. I'm kinda of surprised nobody knows that it's Lonnie, it's really obvious. But I won't tell her secret I'm not a tattletale. Besides I'm too busy being apart of the welcoming committee. Honestly I just do it because I get to be a painterer and my daddy wants me close by, to keep an eye on me.

"This banner is looking great Kailee," Doug praises. I grin finger painting is so much fun. The only problem is the paint goes up to my wrists, it's making me really itchy. "Do you think they'll feel welcome?" I ask, looking over the very colorful poster. "No...they'll feel super welcomed." He smiles giving me a side hug, trying not to get any paint on himself.

I can see Audrey approaching our table and smile. "Hi Audrey," I greet kindly. I may not like her but I can't be mean to her. "Oh hi Audrey I thought Prince Ben was going-" Doug starts only for Audrey to cut him off.

"Ben has enough to worry about with the new kids arriving so soon." She explains, Doug nods understandingly. "Oh," he mouths slightly disappointed. I understand where he's coming from.

"I told him I'd help him out with the welcoming committee." She says it sounds like she's asking for some praise. "That's nice of you. Okay well-" Audrey cuts Doug off again.

"Don't worry I've already made a list of everything we need. Take this down," she orders. "Sure," Doug takes out a clipboard and piece of paper getting ready to write down her demands. "Audrey I thought we already had everything we needed," I say gesturing to the banner I'd worked so hard on.

"Kailee we need to think big. We want them to feel welcomed, and well that banner isn't very welcoming. You do want them to feel welcomed, right?" She asks, I nod my head quickly hiding my painted hands behind my back. It looks welcoming, I think to myself. I frown and suddenly decide my feet are a lot more interesting than the banner.

"We need a limousine to bring them here, you know something classy but not extravagant, so budget classy. I don't know what they enjoy for snacks." I suddenly brighten up at the mention of snacks. "Someone suggested frogs and newts. I'm not one to judge but ew."

I try to think really hard about what kind of snacks they would like. "Uh no amphibians," Doug notes. "I like candy," I suggest. I'm three, sweets are life. Audrey gasps excitedly,"candy is perfect Doug write that down." Doug just nods but obeys her orders.

"I know Ben wants their arrival to be a big deal so let's make sure the marching band is there." Doug looks like he's about to object but he remains silent.

"And of course someone will need to show them the ground, the dorms, get their class schedule worked out and make sure they don't burn the place down when they arrive." Audrey says, Doug seems to be having trouble keeping up.

"Your good with that? Well that's everything." Doug looks his list over, "oh-uh." He stutters, obviously he didn't get everything down.

I look at Audrey furrowing my brows on slight confusion. "Audrey isn't that a little much? We don't want to overwhelm them." I say, looking over Doug's shoulder to read the list.

Audrey gives me a fake smile tilting her slightly, "of course. We want their arrival to be remembered don't we?"

She turns to Doug the fake smile still plastered on her face. "Let me know when it's done," she instructs. "Um..." Doug doesn't have time to respond.

"Now I just need to decide what I should be wearing when Ben asks me to the coronation." She squeals walking off, Doug sighs pounding his head against the table.
I have a feeling that my daddy won't be asking her to his coronation. I look at the banner and groan. "Come on Kailee let's get you back to your dad," Doug sighs getting up from seat.

"Okay. Hey Doug? You like my painting...right?" I whimper making my lip quiver whilst giving him puppy dog eyes. He picks me up and gives me a hug not even minding the paint.

"Kailee your the best painter in the school," I can tell he's lying everyone knows Ruby's the best painter. After all Ruby is Rapunzel's daughter. "Thanks Doug," I sniff, Doug is the best.