Chapter 16

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy, wake up!" I squeal running down the palace halls. I run so fast I trip over my own feet. Giggling like the mad hatter I quickly get to my feet. I'm sure the maids are looking for me seeing as I need to get dressed for the big day, but I wanna see daddy first. Besides who says you can't look royal and official in a navy blue silver starred night gown?

"Princess where did you go?" One of the many maids calls from somewhere nearby. I quickly hide behind a curtain, I snicker to myself there's no way they'll ever find me.

I wait for a few minutes before cautiously poking my head out. The coast is clear, I leave my hiding place then continue on my way. I let out a sigh of relief once I finally make it to daddy's door. "Daddy! Daddy wake u- oh ur already up." I beam pushing daddy's door open.

On any normal morning either daddy or I would sleep in. If I woke him up we'd both be happy, if he woke me up I'd be grumpy all morning. I'm not really a morning person, sometimes neither is daddy...sometimes. But today isn't like any other day, today is special.

"Good morning princess," daddy greets straightening his royal jacket. How is he not still dressed in his pjs? "Wait, Kailee why aren't you dressed yet?" Daddy asks noticing my lack of proper clothing. "Cause I wike my pjs better," I answer honestly. Pjs are comfy and Audrey said today is going to go long so I might fall asleep.

"Daddy what appens when ur King?" I ask curiously. I don't want anymore Vk's with magic. I don't need someone new coming in and spelling daddy. "Am I gonna be queen?" I ask smiling at the idea. I Queen Kailee, declare that from now on Tuesdays shall be Ice Cream Tuesdays, I daydream. "No you'll still be princess," daddy smiles picking me up. I frown, bye bye Ice Cream Tuesdays.

"Will Mal be queen?" I question wiggling my eyebrows. I wouldn't mind it if Mal and daddy were permanently dating. Mal's nice to me and she makes daddy happy. I'm even willing to over look the the whole love spell thing. Besides if Mal becomes queen that would make her my mommy. "Kailee," daddy warns avoiding the question. I decide to drop it noticing daddy's cheeks begin to darken.

"Oh bout the Vks, I'm sorry for yesterday." I apologize hugging daddy around the neck. I should have stayed with him after the family day fiasco but I got scared. Chad roughly grabbed me and wouldn't let me go, then Evie made Chad go to sleep, it was scary. "It's okay Kailee it wasn't your fault," daddy responds.

"It wasn't the Vk's either, it was Audrey and Chad's." I blame crossing my arms. Audrey should've kept her mouth shut and Chad should've stayed quiet. "They should have a time out," I suggest. Back in the orphanage before Ben adopted me I got time outs a lot, I didn't even do anything. But now I live with Ben and I don't get time out's anymore.

"Kailee calm down, we'll talk about this later. You still need to get dressed." Daddy laughs changing the subject. "Daddy am I forgiben," I ask hopefully giving him puppy dog eyes. "Yeah Kailee your forgiven," daddy smiles. "I wove you daddy," I smile before sucking on my thumb. "I love you to Kailee bear," daddy says kissing me on the head.

~~Time Skip~~

Okay so I guess standing on a pedestal for hours does pay off, this dress is really pretty. Though it doesn't match with the rest of my family's outfits. They're outfits are dark blue and/or gold but mine is more of a non-photo blue with small silver star shaped sparkles. In my opinion my dress is prettier.

I hum to myself playing with the skirt of my dress. I had to ride to the coronation in a carriage with grandma and grandpa while Daddy got to ride in a carriage with Mal, not fair. I love my grandparents but they blamed daddy for what happened at family day and it wasn't his fault.

"Kailee big princesses don't suck there thumb," grandma smiles giving me a disapproving look. "I not a big pwincess yet, I'm three." I remark holding up what I think is three fingers. "Kailee how are you going to wave to people if your sucking your thumb?" Grandpa asks, both of my grandparents continue to wave as we pass some of our subjects. I cast him a challenging glare then slowly raise my free hand and wave.

Their talking to me about sucking my thumb, when someone needs to talk to them about their behavior during family day? "You need to say sorry," I blurt out. My grandparents look at me in shock, clearly not excepting me to burst out like this. "Excuse me?" Grandpa asks daring me to continue. I shrink back a little before regaining my confidence.

"It wasn' daddy's fault wha appened durin family day." I start, "he looks up to you two and you weally hurt his feelings. You should apologize," I suggest, more like order. "Kailee your only three you don't understand villains," Grandma frowns.

"Ur right I don', but I do undewstand wove no matter how icky it can be." I shudder, love is gross hand holding, kissing, and dates. What do they even do during dates?

"Daddy woves Mal I can see it in his eyes. He wanted you to like her too, he wanted ou to twust her. But after the 'event' you pwetty much said that you could never twust her or her friends, and tha it was all his fault." I say using air quotes around the word event. "You should apologize," I finish. Grandpa and grandma look utterly ashamed with themselves, they just got told off by a three year old. I lean back in my chair pleased with myself.