Chapter 14

"Ma cherie Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents your dinner." Daddy begins moving through the chorus of students until he reaches the front. He even greets a few watchers on the way up.

🎶Be our guest, be our guest put our service to the test. Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie and we'll provide the rest.🎶 Doug gets to wrapped up in the beat of the song, and starts dancing to his own tune. Chad shoots him a disapproving look, Doug quickly realizes what he's doing and falls back in line.

🎶That's right.🎶 Daddy sings tossing his napkin too two girl. The one girl catches it and almost swoons. Sometimes I swear these girls don't know he's already taken.

🎶Soup du jour, hot hors d'oeuvres. Why, we only live to serve. (Whoo!) Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! (All right!) Don't believe me? Ask the dishes.🎶

🎶They can sing, sing, sing. They can dance, dance, dance. After all, Miss, this is France. And the dinner here is never, never second best.🎶 All of the male students sing steppingstone out in front of the girl. I giggle at the sight of Doug's beatbox face.

🎶Come on, go on, unfold your menu. Go on, take a glance and then you'll. Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest. Yeah, yeah, c'mon, yeah be our guest, guest, yeah.🎶

🎶We tell jokes, I do tricks. With my fellow candlesticks. And it's all in perfect taste, that you can bet. Come on and lift your glass. You've won your own free pass. To be our guest.🎶

I look around at all and notice the Vk's approaching. I weave my way through the crowd of people over to them. "Hey guys," I beam. Daddy told me not to tell them that he's been unspelled. "Hey Kailee what's got you all smiley?" Evie asks. "There's a lot of yummy treats here," I say directing them over to the treat table.

Carlos hands Dude over toe Evie then heads over to the chocolate fountain. Mal takes some of the strawberries and even just watches the choir continue to sing.

🎶If you're stressed. It's fine dining we suggest. Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest. (Yeah. Yeah, uh, come on) Be our guest, be our guest. (Come on, come on) Be our guest.🎶 The choir finishes earning a loud round of applause from the crowd.

"Evie can ou get me a piece of ake?" I ask tugging on her dress. "Hate to break it to you Kailee but that cake is sugar." I glance at the cake, is she crazy or something? "No it's not its cake," I say crossing my arms. "Sorry what I mean to say is, cake has sugar in it." Evie explains readjusting Dude in her arms.

"But it has woses on it," I pout gesturing to the blue and gold frosting roses. "Sides daddy said no sugar for bed, I not sleepy." I say placing my hands on my hips. "Okay, princess but how about you ask your dad first?" Evie suggest. "Okay I will," I smile.

I pass by Carlos and Jay, and gag. "Yucky, tha's sgusting," I say crinkling my nose. Both boys were sticking their tongues out into the chocolate fountain. I must admit I'm kinda mad I never thought of this, but it's so unsanitary. Carlos just waves me off then continues to slurp up the chocolate. I shake my head then continue on my way.

"Daddy!" I squeal as I approach him. I run into his open arms he then picks me up and twirls me in the air. "Hey princess," he greets settling me on his hip. "Hi daddy, you wewre a weally good singerer." I giggle wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank cupcake," he says kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey there Kailee," Grandpa greets coming up behind us, with his and grandma's arms linked."Hi grandpa. Hey grandma," I wave. "Wasn't your dad just wonderful?" Grandma asks, grandpa nods. "Uh huh," I answer beaming.

"Alright, alright who's ready to take some pictures? Yeah?" Daddy asks changing the subject. "But I wan cake," I pout frowning. "You can have a slice after the picture." Daddy informs poking my belly, trying to get me to smile. "Okay Daddy," I laugh resting my head on his shoulder.

~~Time Skip~~

"Ready?" The photographer asks, I'm the only one who nods. We stand in the following order grandma, daddy holding me, and then grandma."Oh, by the way, I have a new girlfriend." Daddy informs turning to grandpa. I smirk this probably isn't the best time to bring that up. "Oh," grandma says curiously. "Yeah," daddy nods.

"Well, I never wanted to say anything, but I always thought that Audrey was a little self-absorbed. A fake smile, kind of kiss-up." Grand remarks smiling towards the camera. "Preach," I say taking my thumb out of mouth. When I have tea parties with grandma we discuss our strong dislike for Audrey.

"Do we know your new girlfriend?" Grandpa asks placing a hand upon daddy's shoulder. I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. "On the count of three. One, two..." the photographer counts. "Well sort of." Daddy starts looking over the courtyard. "Mal!" He calls finally noticing his girlfriend with her friends. "Three!" The photographer says. Both daddy and I smile, grandpa and grandma's jaws drop.

"Mal? Mal." Daddy says stepping down from the gazebo. He sets me down then take Mal by the hand. "I wanna introduce you to my parents. "Ben," Mal greets giving him a hug.

"This is Mal. From the island." Daddy introduce, Mal wraps her arms around one of daddy's. "Mm..." all grandma can do is nod. "My girlfriend," daddy finishes. I snort at the looks on my grandparents faces.

"Hi," grandma greets unnecessarily loud. "Hi," Mal returns. Grandpa just waves. "I was thinking maybe she can join us for lunch." Daddy suggest. "Of...course. Any friend of Ben's..." Grandpa starts. "Um, I actually came with my friends." Mal explains gesturing over her shoulder. "Well, you should invite them. Because the more the merrier." Grandma informs. "Yeah, I'll go grab them." Mal says pulling away from daddy.

"Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" Grandpa suggest, I frown croquet is so boring. "Huh? Of course." Mal smiles sharing a look with daddy. "Game on," Daddy says sharing a fist bump. "Game on," Grandpa laughs.

"Daddy can I have cake now?" I ask pulling his arm down. "I suppose you can now that we're done taking pictures." Daddy says. "Yes!" I fist pump letting go of daddy's arm. I then run off to find Evie, "Kailee don't eat too much!" Daddy calls out. "No pwomises!" I yell back.