Chapter 18

"It can't be," Mal breathes. "Go away, mother." Mal says polling the wand with one hand. "She's funny. Oh! I'm so--you're very funny." Mal's mommy laughs believing Mal was only kidding. Daddy slowly puts me down then pushes me behind him. "Here. Wand me. Chop chop," the horned woman snaps to her daughter.

"No!" Daddy shouts. Mal starts to hand her mother the wand then throws it to FG. "Bibbidi-bobbidi--" FG starts waving her wand. "Boo," Mal's mom says holding her scepter up and making it glow. Everyone in the room freezes, they stand as still as statues. Everyone except Mal's mommy, the vks, and surprisingly me.

"Psych," the horned woman snorts. "Ooh, in another time, in another time." She says taking off grandpa's glasses and biting one end. She puts them back on him crooked. "Daddy move," I whisper tugging at his pant leg. "Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean..." Maleficent sings moving up the stairs to FG. "Ow!" She laughs snatching the wand from FG's hands. "Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." Maleficent tease poking the butt of the wand up FG's nose. "Daddy come on," I grunt trying to pull on his arm.

"Where shall we begin?" Maleficent asks, though I know it's a rhetorical question. "I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this?" Maleficent says with a wave of the wand daddy's ring pulls off Mal's finger than lands around the wand. "Uh oh," I gasp sharply. "Perfect fit!" Maleficent gasps. "Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The Horns, the horns." She jokes ducking under FG's arms.

"Aw...falling in love is weak...and ridiculous." Maleficent sneers pushing daddy's head around. I pretend I'm frozen so she doesn't notice me. "It's not what you want," she says turning to her daughter. "You don't know what I want!" Mal burst out much to the shock of her mother. "Mom, have you ever once asks me what I want? I'm not you!" Mal says crying a little bit.

"Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and...years of practice being evil. You'll get there," Maleficent replies. She's not a very supportive mother, she doesn't care about her only child's dreams. "No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing," Mal challenges. She's sticking up to her mean mom, good for her.

"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!" Maleficent growls. "And now I command wand to my hand!" Mal shouts. The wand struggles in Maleficent's grip fighting to get to Mal, eventually it wins Mal get the wand. "Ha! It worked!" Mal gasps in surprise.

"I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature." Maleficent says pacing back and forth in the steps. My nose starts get a familiar tingle, oh no not now. I scrunch up my nose trying to make it go away. "Ah-ah-achoo!" I sneeze, calling some unneeded attention to myself.

"Well if it isn't the little royal pain," the oh so familiar evil voice says. Suddenly I'm picked up from behind and held before the VKs. "Give me the wand this instant young lady or the little princess gets it." The evil woman threatens.

"No Mal don' do it!" I already know how this plays out, I've had enough nightmares like this. I sink my canines into the evil woman's arm. "Why you little!" She cries out in pain letting me go. "Kailee get behind us!" Carlos orders, he doesn't have to tell me twice. I quickly run behind both Jay and Carlos.

"Wait a minute, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil," Carlos says. "Oh, please! You're killing me. Arf!" Maleficent laughs rolling her eyes. Dude runs down the aisle and jumps on the villain. "Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me." Maleficent gags pushing the pint sized pup off her.

Jay seizes the moment and lunges for her staff. "Gaston should be jealous," Maleficent smiles wickedly. She flicksJay between the nose making him fall back. "Enough!" She cackles. "You all will regret this!" A mystic green smoke surrounds her, turning her into a terrifying black and purple dragon.

Jay ducks and rolls as the beast aims at him with it's fire. He takes off towards a pillar not expecting the beast to follow him. "Come on. Run, Jay, run!" Carlos encourages. Jay races back and heads for the stairs but the dragon beats him to it. "Hurry, Jay. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Jay!" Mal shouts just as the dragon dives for him. "Watch it, Jay!" Evie worries.

"Jay, come on! Please, Jay! Jay!" Mal calls, Jay runs back and we all start running for the door. "Magic mirror, show your bright light!" Evie orders standing before us. The mirror shines brightly right in the dragon's eye sending to the ground. "Behind me, E! Leave my friends alone!" Mal orders standing between us and her mother. "This is between you and me, mother." Mal glares at the dragon both her's and the dragon's eyes glow green.

"The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one! The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one! The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!" Mal cries, I hold her hand as a sign of support.

The green smoke returns consuming the beast. A small little lizard stands in it's place. "Oh," FG gasps becoming unfrozen. We all rush down the isle towards the little lizard. "What just happened?" Carlos asks curiously holding Dude to his chest. "I have no idea," Mal answers. "Did you do it?" Evie asks. "I don't know," Mal breathes.

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why it's so itty-bitty." FG explains walking over to us. "Mal's mommy is a gecko?" I ask curiously pointing down to the little lizard. "Is she gonna be like that forever?" Mal worries kneeling down in front of the gecko. "Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she," FG assures kindly.

"I believe this belongs to you." Mal smiles handing the wand over to Fairy Godmother. "And I believe this...belongs to you." FG grins returning daddy's ring to Mal. "You all have earned yourselves an 'A' in goodness class." FG laughs rising from the floor with Mal. "No more bad dragon?" I ask leaning on Mal's side. "Yeah princess no more bad dragon," Mal assures picking me up and giving me a tight hug.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" FG shouts saving her wand high in the air. As soon as he's unfrozen daddy lets loose a very unkingly roar and charges forward. "Okay, okay! Oh! We kinda got this all wrapped up here." Mal says settling daddy down, she then puts me down. Daddy's face breaks out into a grin, he picks Mal up and spins her in the air., then he sets her back down.

"Next time, I rescue you okay?" Daddy asks, I frown. "There's gonna be a next time." I whimper wrapping my arms around daddy's leg. "Yeah. Let's not let there be a next time, okay?" Mal laughs giving daddy a tight hug before readjusting his crown on his head.

"Princess Kailee! Princess Kailee!" A boy shouts running down the isle. Our bodies collide sending us both to the floor. "Oh not again," the boy mumbles quickly scrambling to his feet. "I'm so sorry Princess Kailee," the boy apologizes helping me to my feet. "Ow oh no it's-it's you," I gasp looking right into the boy's light golden brown eyes. "Hi boy," I greet giving him a hug.

"What're ou doin here?" I ask curiously, the boy smiles nervously. "Uh my dad's Peter Pan we came for your dad's coronation." He explains, "I saw when the villain attacked and wanted to make sure um...you were okay." I finishes his cheeks turning a deep scarlet color. "Aw tha's sweet boy," I beam patting his cheek. "Uh princess Kailee my name is Louis," he corrects holding out his hand for me to shake. "Louis? I wike it. Pwease Louis just call me Kailee."

"Kailee come here!" Daddy calls. "Coming, see later go- I mean Louis." I say before running over and joining daddy and the vks. "Daddy I know boy's name no. It's Louis," I inform. "That's great princess," daddy smiles picking me up. "Well, let's get this party started!" Jay starts pulling the vks, daddy and I into a group hug. "Ohayohay, hey!" We all sing laughing together. It's finally time...finally time to set it off!