Chapter 13

I look around, not this again this is the fourth time I've had this dream. Each time the dream has altered in someway. The Vk's no longer destroy me, instead they turn the wand over to an old lady with horns, and she begins her reign of terror.

I'm standing in the grand church. The entire room is elegantly decorated for Ben's coronation. People stand on either side is aisle as still as statues, same as the last four times. A very frightened Chad is still clinging onto a terrified Doug, at least this part of the dream never changes.

"Well if it isn't the little royal pain," an evil voice says. Suddenly I'm picked up from behind and held before the VKs. "Give me the wand this instant young lady or the little princess gets it." The evil woman threatens. Mal appeared torn on one hand if she gives the woman the wand I go free but on the other hand this woman is pure evil.

"No Mal don' do it!" As much as I'd like to live I don't want the kingdom to suffer because of me. I sink my canines into the lady's arm. "Why you little!" She cries out in pain letting me go.

"Kailee get behind us!" Carlos orders, he doesn't have to tell me twice. I quickly run behind both Jay and Carlos. I wish I knew what was going to happen next. Much vision begins to blur and the scenery around me begins to disappear.

I jolt a wake nearly rolling off my bed. That was the first dream in which the VK's actually had a chance a beating the evil lady and I woke up!  I would go to Ben but I think he's still in la la land, he seemed a little bit better after his date with Mal but there's still something off with him. Besides I'm still mad at him!

I slip out of bed into my slippers, then make my way out into the hall. I head down the hallway heading towards the kitchen. No I'm not going to eat sugar just cold pineapple rings...okay maybe some sugar but not a lot.

I sigh tiredly pulling my blankie, which I'd brought with me, over my head before pushing the door to kitchen open. To tired to take in what's around me I head straight to the fridge. I take of bowl of half frozen pineapple rings then head over the counter.

"Kailee why are you up?" Someone asks weakly, I jump almost dropping my bowl of pineapple rings. I then realize Mal had been here the whole time. She looks like she's been crying and it's not a good idea to cry when baking. "Mal were ou cwying?" I worry, she smiles warmly shaking her head.

"Oh well I had a bad dweams," I explain deciding it'd be better to drop the subject. There's no way she would have told me what's going she's through. "Aw you wanna talk about it?" She asks, churning the batter in the mixing bowl.

"I-I dunno," I shrug looking down at my feet. I sorta wanna talk about it but she's apart of it. "Come on Kailee what's wrong," she presses wiping away any remaining "nonexistent" tears.

"Okay hewe's what appened," I begin sighing dramatic. "We were all at daddy's corenation but nobody could move cept you, me, Evie, Jay, and Carwos, and some evil lady I nefer seen fore ." I continue counting off the people on my fingers, I think I miscounted because Mal forced one finger up.

"She had horns and wore lots of bwack. She scared everyone but I dunno her." I explain, Mal's skin pales. "She wanted ou to take oer the kingdom." I whimper, thinking of all the terrible things I'd dreamed of Mal and her friends doing if they did take over.

"Mal you would never do that, right?" I cry, I didn't think these dreams bothered me to the point of tears. Mal walks around the counter picking me up and hugging me tightly. "Aw princess I would never do that," Mal assures. "P-promise," I hiccup holding up my pinky.

"Uh...how about some sugar?" Mal asks avoiding the promise. "Mal?" I sniffle raising a brow. "You know whatI bet your dad is wondering where you are," Mal says putting me back down. "You mean Ben? Douful," I mutter under my breath.

"Come on let's get you back to your dad," Mal says beginning to lead me out of the kitchen and down the hall. "But Mal you never-" I begin only for her to cut me off. "Wow your up way past your bed time," she notes desperately trying to change the conversation. She knocks on the door to daddy's dorm.

"I fhink I'll go ta my woom," I say trying to pull away. I'm still mad at Ben, I don't exactly wanna see him. Benjamin opens the door, I'm guessing he was up finishing his homework since he looks like he's been awake for hours.

"Hey Mal," he greets completely ignoring me again. "Hey Ben, I think this little one belongs to you." Mal laughs handing my hand over to Ben's. "Thanks Mal, I've been looking all over for her," he says. What he didn't think to check my room?

"I'll see you tomorrow at Family Day," Mal affirms with a smile. An actual smile not one of those fake ones she's been giving almost everyone else at this school. She says her goodbyes then disappears down the hall. "I didn't efen get ta eat my pineapple wings," I huff stomping my foot. I'm three, I'm tired, I'm in a bad mood.

"Kailee what are you doing up so late, again?" Ben asks closing the door behind us. "Hey your up wate too Ben," I point out. "Excuse me?" He asks in a strict tone, I've probably crossed some sorta line.

"Fiwist you nore me, then you miss don't eat becfast, wunch, or dinner wif me, and then you miss my tea party. You rwpded, you coulda said you were busy." I pout crossing my arms.

"Oh Kailee I'm so sorry, but it wasn't my fault. Mal put a love spell on me." He explains, I look at him skeptically. "What's a spell?" I ask curiously, I've heard about spells and curses in stories. But I'm not one hundred percent sure what they are. "A form of magic used on people and things." Daddy explains, I'm still don't understand. Best thing to do just smile and nod.

"Okay guess I fowgive you," I forgive people easily. All Auradonians do, except for when it comes to villains. Plus I'm surrounded by the goodest family in Auradon, grandma's known for giving out second chances. "Cept I'm still mad bout the tea pawty." I warn completely serious.

"I understand that," he assures picking me up. "Wait minute hows come the spells not woking anymowe?" I yawn resting my head on his shoulder. "Well it washed off in the enchanted lake," he explains.

"Okay," I yawn again feeling my eyes begin to grow heavy. "Night princess," daddy says realizing that I'm falling asleep. "Night daddy," I whisper just to tired to fight it anymore. Slowly the room gets darker as drift into a deep sleep. Hopefully this time I don't have any nightmares.