Chapter 9

I look around, I don't know why but I'm standing in the grand church. The entire room is elegantly decorated for daddy's coronation. People stand on either side of the aisle as still as statues. A very frightened Chad is clinging onto a terrified Doug.

I look over my shoulder only to see both of my grandparents frozen along with FG and daddy. I run right over to him, "daddy?" I pull on his pant leg trying to get him to budge. "Daddy move it," I grunt. He's really stuck in his place. I try a couple more times but it's useless. "Daddy, please move," I whimper.

"Well if it isn't the little royal pain," an evil voice says. Suddenly my arm gets taken and I'm pulled before four people I thought were my friends. The four Vk's stand before me looking very disappointed in themselves.

Carlos is trying to look at anything other than me, Jay just looks at the ceiling, Evie has tears streaming down her cheeks, and Mal is holding FG's wand pointing it directly at me.

"FG's wand Mal tha could make daddy better," I say pointing at the gold and white swirled wand. I try to grab it but someone holds me back. "Dispose of her," the voice orders. My eyes widen as Mal starts to twirl the wand building up it's magic. "Mal, No!" I yell, but it's to late. The last thing I see is a wicked grin on Mal's face before I'm consumed by darkness.

I shoot up in my bed breathing heavily. I pull my knees up to my chest and just sit in silence. Warm tears roll down my cheeks as I think about the nightmare I just had, it felt so real.

I shake my head, there's know way the VK's would do something so awful. I know they're the children of the most infamous villains but that doesn't mean that deep inside they're good.

I quietly slip out of bed into my fuzzy slippers. I tiredly stumble out of my room into the hall. Whenever I have bad dreams daddy let's me sleep with him. Once I get to daddy's dorm I reach for the handle only yo hear my tummy grumble. Not eating my broccoli at dinner was probably a mistake.

I have two options go sleep with daddy or get a late night snack, what would daddy say? Hmph I know what'd he say, "Kailee it's to late for a snack. You know what happens when you eat sugar before bed." I'm sure it won't hurt to make a brief detour to the kitchen, besides daddy is still going to be here when get back.

~~Time Skip~~

"That's not true, Jay.  They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." A voice that sounds like Evie says. "Listen to you." I'm assuming Mal says.

"Hey guys," I greet tiredly hopping down the stairs that lead into the kitchen. Once I'm able to see the Vks I tense up, I know it was just a dream but it felt so real. "Oh hey Kailee, isn't it late why are you up?" Mal asks suspiciously. "I was hungy," I respond making my way over to the kitchen counter. I climb up the stool and gasp, "cookie dough!" I squeal reaching my hand in and taking a handful for myself. The Vk's all stare at me in shock.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you." I look over my shoulder to see Lonnie entering the kitchen. "You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!" Lonnie says excitedly pointing over her shoulder, the VKs laugh nervously.

"Midnight snack, huh?" Lonnie asks noting the bowl full of cookie dough. "What you guys making?" she asks expectantly. She has the same look I get whenever I find someone making tasty sweets. "Nothing special. Just cookies," Mal responds looking to Evie for some assistance.

"Oh, no, no!" Mal starts, "wait, wait, wait!" All of the Vk's reach out in vain trying to stop Lonnie from dipping a finger in the dough and eating it.  "What? I'm not gonna double dip," Lonnie assures.

"You two feel anything?"  Evie asks. "Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal adds. I nod my head then immediately reach for the sugar. "More sugar!" I squeal, before I can pour it in the bowl Lonnie grabs me and holds me to her chest.

"Hey, there." Jay greets in a flirtatious tone, sauntering up to Lonnie.Neither I nor Lonnie are impressed by the flirt. "What this sugar fiend means to say, it could use some chips." Lonnie suggest tickling my side.

"Chips?" Jay wonders a little taken back by being rejected so easily. "And those are..." Mal asks sighing in relief. Lonnie walks over to the fridge whilst holding me and takes out a bowl of chocolate chips.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group." Lonnie explains walking back over and setting the bowl on the counter. I make a grab for the bowl of sugar but Lonnie holds me back.

"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" She asks setting me down on the floor. She drops some chips into the bowl, the Vk's look them over curiously. I climb back up the stool then slowly pull the bowl of sugar closer.

"Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and--" Lonnie stops, taking notice of the Vk's sad faces.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Lonnie asks not taking the obvious hint. Once the bowl is close enough I quietly take a fistful and shove it in my mouth. "It's just different where we're from." Mal explains quietly.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought...even villains love their kids." Lonnie continues, I mentally face palm. She should've quit while she was ahead. I take two more fistfuls of sugar deciding to watch how this plays out.

"Oh...how awful." Lonnie breathes taking Mal by the hand, a single tear falls down her cheek. Mal carefully wipes the tear off her cheek, "yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. I'll see you two tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal says rushing Lonnie and I out the door.

"Wonnie is the foor moving or is it dust me?" I ask, everything around me is swaying. "Okay I better drop you off at your Dad's dorm." Lonnie laughs picking me up.

~~Time Skip~~

Lonnie knocks on daddy's door a couple of times. "Daddy, wake up!" I yell, Lonnie quickly tries to shush me before I wake up the whole hall. After a few minutes daddy finally opens the door. "Hey Lonnie," he greets tiredly. "Kailee why are you up?"

"I had bad dream, then I came here, then I went to the kitchen, then I ate a lot a lot of sugar. Now I'm awake and here so yay! I really really like sugar!" I babble, daddy sighs taking me from Lonnie.

"Thank you for bringing her here Lonnie." Daddy thanks, Lonnie nods. "Your welcome, see you guys tomorrow." She says before leaving.

"Can I have more sugar? Sugar makes my heart go super super super super duper fast. Hey has the woom always been made of candy?" I ask I think I'm talking at normal speed but it's really hard to tell.

"Oh princess what am I going to do with you?" Daddy asks tiredly ignoring my questions. "Mores sugar," I suggest with a crazed sugary grin.